Old 07-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default door electrics

My replacement doors didn't have the holes for the power wires to feed through. I cut them with a hole saw. I see there are also two dimples in the sheet metal for a small set of holes I assume. But, my wire harness boot doesn't have any provision for screws. Was there some kind of a metal washer/retainer that went over these to keep in door? The boot seems to stay in hole pretty snug by itself.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Senior Chief

Try this link. Very god information on this site.
http://www.buickperformanceclub.com/PW.htm

Old 07-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I see that article mentions a plastic retainer on the boot for the body . Mine does have that with the pins. I assume there is also the same for the door then? Anyone?

Old 08-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone have electric windows or door locks who could look in their door to see if there is a retainer screwed to door to hold rubber boot to door?

Old 08-01-2019, 10:34 PM

I just checked my parts stash and the boots have the plastic retainer screws on both cowl and door side.I then went and checked my 72 Model J with factory P/W and the dimples were never drilled for the plastic retainers ! Go figure. Those boots will ( lock ) in those holes pretty securely without plastic retainers but I do think they should have the retainers on both ends.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you.