Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to runuts99
Default Feldmans Pontiac dealer emblem

I am looking for a Feldmans Pontiac dealer emblem that was usually placed on the deck lid. Feldmans was located in Waterloo, IA from the early sixties to 1971. My 66 GTO was sold there. I do have some emblems I could trade or will be glad to buy it. I have been looking for almost 2 years with little luck. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't help ya right now but I'll keep an eye out, especially since I have the original Feldman-Evans dealer emblem on the back of my 66. I ran into a guy with a 67 GTO who had a Feldman emblem on his (no Evans anymore). Seems they sold lots of GTO's.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:59 PM

I would enjoy seeing a picture of the Feldman-Evans emblem. I believe Richard Evans parted ways with Morris Feldman in early 1966. My owners manual is stamped Feldman &______ Pontiac. My car was built in Feb 66. I tracked down Leo Feldman who was the adopted son of Morris and we had a long talk about all the cars they sold including some judges. Unfortunately he had only 1 dealer emblem which he is keeping(can't hold that against him). I have seen the Feldmans emblem with and without the chief head on it....does yours have the the chief head? I appreciate the info you gave me and it makes my research more fun. Thanks! And let me know if you run across a Feldman insignia, I would pay well for it or even trade. Thanks!
Dan

Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great info, thanks. Here's a pic of the emblem off my 66. I have it off for some paint work I'm doing. It is a December 65 build date and was delivered and sold at Feldman-Evans the first week of January, 1966. The 67 emblem I saw had the chiefs head on it. I also have the POP and window sticker on this car. The guy I bought it from left the car alone so much of this stuff survived.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dwd 002.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	153750  

Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Wow! That emblem looks in great shape. I have a emblem that says Feldman's and then Waterloo, Iowa beloe...is in rough shape and the A is broke off Iowa. The emblem with the pontiac chief head has the address of 800 commercial on it I believe. Feldman sold the dealership to Paul Burk in 1971. I remember my dad taking there to look at a Can Am in 1977....my search continues.....thank you very much for the picture!
Dan

Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

With all these muscle cars coming out of this dealership, is it safe to say Feldman was the "Royal Pontiac" of Iowa?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:23 PM

I guess you could say that....there was a Pontiac dealer in Cedar Falls called Shrivers and they sold a number of goats in their day. Cedar Falls was just a few miles away. I think having a 1/4 mile drag strip helped sales also.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Default A few dealer emblems

Here are some emblems I have picked up in the last year.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GMC 058.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	153771  

Old 01-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

did you search ebay.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Yes I look at e-bay quite often, it is a good source. Since these are made of pot metal I need to find someone that can restore one if it needs restored. Of course if I could luck out and find one in good shape like the one tripower has it won't need restored. I would be willing to pay pretty good for the right emblem. Someone out there has to have one..........talk about finding the needle in the haystack!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i here you good luck

Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 PM

I found it! After a year and a half of searching. I had to trade 5 other emblems to get it but what the heck. Anyone know of someone who can restore this reasonably? It is pot metal and pitted. I had a guy in Minnesota quote me $275...yikes! Has to be someone out there more reasonable. Help!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GMC 076.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	162047  

Old 03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a lot of work because all of those pits have to be filled with copper then smoothed out. $275 sound about right to me because hours of work involved to get it right. You could of course just sand the pits down yourself and send it to be plated only, but it will not look as good as new.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 AM

I am waiting on another estimate from a shop in Florida. One repair shop didn't want to touch it since he has broken so many. He did send me a link on a place that sells videos on how to repair it. I watched an example from one of the links and decided I would end up breaking it....lol

Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Senior Chief

Runuts,

Have you tried AIH plating in Dubuque? I've had pot metal items plated there before an know a few other people who send stuff their way, they arent cheap but then no one who plates pot metal is, they seem trustworthy in my opinion and wont jerk you around.

Just in case your interested the phone number is 1-800-782-8235

T/A

Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM

I will give them a call. Thank You!

Dan

Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Hi Dan, got your PM. I seached for 4 or 5 years to find my Scholfield Bros emblem. Problem was had to be a Scholfield Augusta one, not a Scholfield Wichita one. Dealership moved to Wichita in 65. Was in Augusta in 64!! And it is a boring tag too, I mean you have to know your history or you wouldn't even know it was a Pontiac dealership. Finally found it in a antique mall of all things, but the cool thing was it had a original leather holster key holder with it. Can't even remember what I payed but this was like 20 to 22 years ago so probably 10 bucks tops. Would post a Pic but last time it was like 2 months before they it was loaded up. Have a couple extra Scholfield Wichita ones. But only one other extra Kansas tag with the chief head on it. The Cantrell dealership which was out of Yates Center,Ks would consider a trade on it. A pic of it is on the board where you found my original post... Les

Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Hello Les,
I enjoy hearing storys about these dealership emblems. Amazing how so many were thrown away cause they were an eyesore in their day. In your case it is interesting to hear that they moved from one location to another. On my GTO the dealer was owned by 2 owners in 1966 Feldman-Evans. They split ways in early 1966 so it went to just Feldmans....so I had to research and find out which emblem was correct for my car....the original owner is 92 and couldn't remember...lol
Anyhow, I would love to make a trade for your extra emblem with a Pontiac indian head on it. The only spare I have with a Indian head on it is Liberty Tamaqua.....out of Pennsylvania? It is in excellent condition and I could send a picture if you would like to see it first.
Do you still have your Judge?

Thanks!
Dan

Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM

Sure we can work a trade PM me your E so we can trade pics. Yep, still have the Judge but starting to get a few calls from the Legend ad. Probably help more when spring gets here too. Les

Old 11-20-2018, 03:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just came across this old thread. I am trying to find some pictures or info about when the dealership was Paul Burk. My '73 Formula was ordered there near the end of the model year.