Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Disappointing customer service

Placed an online order on the 5th, everything in stock, even called them on one part to be sure. Got an email the 6th at 10:38 am about mismatched parts, asking if I really meant to order it. I immediately replied at 10:40 am that yes I did. I'd have expected everything to ship after that.

I didn't think much about not getting shipping confirmation since they've not sent it before but something told me to call yesterday and check. They had not shipped and he said they were waiting on my reply on the mismatched parts, I told him I had already replied, I also re-sent them a copy of it.
I told them I ordered on the 5th because I needed these parts by this weekend, the 15th, plenty of time and all in stock parts.
The guy apologized and said he'd get them out yesterday. I then get shipping confirmation this morning of a Monday the 17th delivery.

This ruins a very much laid out set of plans we'd laid out weeks in advance. You'd think the guy would have expedited shipping after I told him I needed them this weekend and they dropped the ball to begin with.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had something similar happen, but I wasn't contacted to ask if it was a mistake. They just sat on it. I had 5 Pontiacs in the shop I had been placing orders for, '64, '67, '69 GTOs and 2 Firebirds.