Old 08-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Default carb, rear vacuum line fittings, 1966 w/ac,pb,auto

Folks,

Rebuilt the motor and want to attach the proper vacuum line to the carb vacuum port. I suspect my old setup to be adhoc. Any pics of correct.

I need three lines off the carb port, dist off the carb bolt.

Found part PN232RX on AMES for 1972-74, had 3 ports?

TIA,

Ed S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5427.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	518405  

Old 08-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I owned a 66 Tri-power car with the same attachments at the rear carburetor. The only items that don't look stock are the big worm screw clamp on the middle line and the compression fitting going into the back of the second fitting. I think mine had a double flared end on that line, (vacuum modulator) and a typical tube nut. Or it may just have had a short section of hose. It's been quite a while. I looked through every page of my 66 chassis manual, the 66 Tempest manual and the 65 chassis manual. Not a single picture of that area where the hoses hook up. Sorry I can't help more.

Last edited by mgarblik; 08-22-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:35 PM

Follow up question:

valley pan PCV hole. I was planning to reuse this. Stock had two ports on the front of the intake for vacuum. This was due to stock duel plane intake, i assume. My new intake is single plane, so I plan to just use one port for the hose back to the PCV. Add a vented valve cover breather and I should be golden? YES?

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, your description of what you want to do should be fine. A single hose can be used with a dual plane manifold as well as long as the PCV system "sees" both planes. Such as a single hose between the primary or secondary barrels of a Quadrajet. For some season, through the mid 60's they used 2 hoses and a T.