Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question 2005 Pontiac Vibe doesn't know it's in park

One of the minor issues on the 2005 Vibe we just bought is that it doesn't seem to know when it is in park. When we come home and have put the car in park and unbuckled our seat belts but have not yet shut off the engine, the seat belt dinger won't shut up and the doors don't unlock on their own until we turn the key off. It's very annoying.
I assume there is some sort of a switch/sensor that I may need to address.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Old 12-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I couldn't find the answer I would take it to a Toyota dealer. The Vibe is just a rebadged Toyota.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 12-05-2020, 08:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

if you're on Facebook, join the genvibe group. There's the genvibe.com forum also, but it's pretty much dead, lots and lots of info on it though. Vibes have a cult following(I guess a lot of vehicles do), some people know WAY too much about them. Now that you're part of the cult, you need to learn and do the Vibe "wave", post pics of Vibes you see while driving, circle parking lots and park next to another Vibe(and take a pic), plan your vacation around the yearly meet... I have an 09 AWD.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You need to reprogram the door lock function in the car's computer. Grab the owners manual and sit down in the car with it for a few hours. There's quite a few things you can do to personalize the car to your liking

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express