WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > Classic TECH- specs, codes, resto issues FORUMS > General Late Model Tech

General Late Model Tech All LM technical discussions except GTO, G8 and TA here!

Old 01-14-2020, 12:12 PM

Default 07 G6 convertible top problem

When retracting the top it stops half way through the process. It closes OK. At the start of the process the windows go down and the deck lid opens. Then the top stops half way through the retraction process. The pump motor also stops. Some times the "top not secured" message is displayed. The message goes away when the top is closed. Anyone have any ideas why the top would stop during the retraction process? Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Suspended

Unfortunalty if you have a car with a working retractable hard top its not a G6.

My suggestion to you is if you plan on keeping the car, get real good at working on the top. And don't take it out on a day where it might rain.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I realize this is a pretty old thread but if you are still hoping to get your top working, the link will take you to a Service Bulletin. I don't think it will directly help you solve the problem but will give you some insight as to the things that can go wrong and the illustrations may help you better understand the way it is supposed to work. Having a Tech 2 scan tool would really be useful.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...63264-9999.pdf