Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 PM

Default 92 TA console light

Can someone shed some light on the small flashing red light on my console. I have red through the manual but can not find a reference. I assumed it was part of the theft deterrent system.

Thank you

Old 10-27-2018, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aftermarket alarm system. Common area for the LED light was on the console so "thiefs" could see it. Since it is not stock or factory installed there won't be anything about it in the manual. Pull the driver's side hush panel under the dash and you may find the control box with hopefully some labeling that will identify what brand it is.

The only factory anti-theft device a 1992 Trans Am would have is the VATS system which is the little black resistor on the ignition key. This system is most likely bypassed with an aftermarket alarm system installed.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:53 AM

Makes perfect sense as I can find no photos of the same light on any other TA console. I appreciate you input.

1968 400 HO Firebird Convertible
1969 RA III Trans Am
1992 TA Convertible