Old 07-06-2019, 06:57 PM

Default 1961 Bonneville 2 door Sport Coupe sans drivetrain

1961 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door Sport Coupe “Bubbletop”

Engine and transmission missing, was originally a 389/303 horse with the 3 speed automatic trans

Originally Black over Tricolor Red interior. Interior is all there but in need of replacement.

Fairly solid pans with the usual corrosion in the trunk area, rockers, lower quarters, etc. Doors and trunk lid solid. Hood has been dinged in one corner and has some panel warp. Front fenders in repairable condition. Top (bubbletop) is solid and in good condition. The car was scuffed and properly sealed in Black primer 8 years ago and since then it has been sitting in my climate controlled garage.

She needs a proper total restoration.

When I first got her she was a complete car minus the engine and transmission. I removed much of the trim, the glass, the interior, etc. to be able to seal the pans and spray sealer on the body (after prepping properly). That was maybe 8 years ago. She’s been in storage since then as other projects have jumped ahead of her in terms of priority.

I have new glass for the side windows and used original for the bubbletop. I do not have a windshield for the car. The bumpers have been removed but come with the project. All the trim that has been removed is cataloged and in storage as well. The vehicle originally came with steel wheels but one front has been mounted with a period correct 8 lug 14 inch wheel. Just the one, wish they were on all four corners …

This would make a nice project for someone interested in a nice driver with a non-original engine/trans. I do have a 1969 Pontiac 428 long block that has been stroked with a 455 crank and rods and new .030” over pistons giving it 455 cubic inches of displacement. Sound familiar? That would be separately priced if interested. Have TH400 as well. That is what I planned to run with if I were to finish the build.

See my avatar for an initial pic. If you need more I have a gaggle just send me your preferred Email address and what you wish to see more details of . Ask questions as needed.

I'm pricing her at $4500 with no haggle....asking $5,000 if you need to haggle .

Car resides in the 65203 zip code. She’s just a roller, but I can assist in getting her loaded up onto your trailer. Easy access and concrete driveway for loading. Clean title in my name.

Thanks for looking!

Tom Kochtanek
Columbia, Missouri 65203

tom@coventrrypointe.biz

(573) 268-1807 (leave a message and I'll call back!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	June 30 2008 Pontiac Bonneville PAINT 011A.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	515352