Old 11-02-2019, 10:41 PM

Default Do not buy a Dynacorn door latch

After I bought my GTO I bought most of the parts I would need to restore it so I could start putting it together once it got back from the body shop. I bought door latches from Year One which are Dynacorn 2 years ago. I just got the car back from the body shop a couple of weeks ago so I put in the new latches. The passenger side worked great 5 times then it would not open. I looked inside the door to make sure everything was ok, it was. I had to kick the door open from the inside. I took the latch out to check it over, the latch won't move at all now. I contacted Dynacorn & told them the story. They said I have to contact Year One which I did & they said it been to long for them to exchange it but they would give me a discount if I bought another one. I told them thanks but no thanks. I contacted Dynacorn back & said they should help out because the part is brand new & they should stand behind their products(whats the difference between sitting on Year Ones shelf & mine). They told me due to the time frame they can not take it back, It only worked 5 times. Since they will not stand behind their products I pulled out the drivers side & threw both of latches away. At least it happened when the car was still apart but I will never buy anything from them again

Old 11-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When this happens to some people, they buy a new one and send back the old one for a refund. Is it still in your trash bin?