Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1972 Trans Am front spoiler/air dam screws

can any one tell me the lengths of these 2 screws used in the mounting of the front spoiler and air dam on a 1972 T/A....PN. 3968521 and PN. 4883080 I would really like to know what lengths they are as these are what are called for in the 1972 assembly manual....many thanks!!!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Our host here,PY..... sells a NICE spoiler mounting kit made by one of the guys here...Norwood.

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default hardware

thanks 2Many,...but I am using a repop.of the polyurethane 1972 lower front valence...the spoiler hardware kit is for the metal valence...on the 9422759 washer, which measures 1 1/8'' D I was able to locate a ''close enough'' 1'' D match...so if someone could look up those 2 screw part numbers, they might tell me the lengths of them...when I got my car it had a new metal valence but they were to cheap to get the spoiler...I have lots of extra GM hardware...I am guessing one of them is a 1'' thread lenghth...thankyou for the intrest!...and good news for me,after 8 weeks I did get my unemployment so I am more grounded...unfortunately I spent my new deluxe seat cover $...back to saving!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default screw part #3968521 & #3968523

these are the screws I am trying to determine the lengths of...my original post has a wrong number listed, sorry and thanks!

Old 01-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is some printouts from the Firebird parts catalog. I found the part number you're looking for in the listing, but couldnt locate it in the illustration...

Hope that helps while I look in the 65-75 Pontiac parts catalog!

Old 01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part # Help

WOW!!!...Superstar Mesca!...thankyou!..this proves I am more concerned with the correct bolt than the people who built my car!...I am going to get a parts book, and thanks for helping me...its possible I will never know the correct lengths of those bolts...I may as well use ..314..the workers who built my car did not care !!..thanks again!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam1972 View Post
thanks 2Many,...but I am using a repop.of the polyurethane 1972 lower front valence...the spoiler hardware kit is for the metal valence...on the 9422759 washer, which measures 1 1/8'' D I was able to locate a ''close enough'' 1'' D match...so if someone could look up those 2 screw part numbers, they might tell me the lengths of them...when I got my car it had a new metal valence but they were to cheap to get the spoiler...I have lots of extra GM hardware...I am guessing one of them is a 1'' thread lenghth...thankyou for the intrest!...and good news for me,after 8 weeks I did get my unemployment so I am more grounded...unfortunately I spent my new deluxe seat cover $...back to saving!
I found some of the correct washers, if you need them still.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by transam1972 View Post
WOW!!!...Superstar Mesca!...thankyou!..this proves I am more concerned with the correct bolt than the people who built my car!...I am going to get a parts book, and thanks for helping me...its possible I will never know the correct lengths of those bolts...I may as well use ..314..the workers who built my car did not care !!..thanks again!
You are right!! 45-60 SECONDS per car off the assy. line, they did NOT care, as long as it had a bolt. Have seen ( parted) many cars with different head markings on each side of the car...and thats been discussed here before to.
hardware that hits the floor? swept up and trashed, never re sorted or used...

Old 01-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glenn,

Just saw your PM. Here is the printout from the parts catalog for the lower spoiler.

As you can see, its different from all the other pages. Dont know if its was added later... Its not very clear, and it doesnt show the parts number unfortunately... I dont even know if its for 72.

Hope that helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to MescaBug For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

when I see R&R on a diagram it leads me to believe its an Insurance adjusters sheet....
just my 2cents... no offense..