Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-28-2016, 02:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well STALLION, I here Pro Stock cars you can push them with a finger or two. Super Stock kind of the same way.
The two head guys that have impressed me the most lately are Marcella and Wilcox. And you know, both are NOT Pontiac gurus. But maybe you have a guy up north who also knows air flow. Maybe it was your HPs..........
I just turned 52. And folks my age all remember the T shirt or poster with the mouse or rat (nothing to do with Chevy fellas) giving the finger to the hawk or eagle coming to scoop him up in his talons.
It was called Last Act of Defiance .
A whole lot of folks on this site have got to know what that means.
Pontiacs Rule.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:53 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Well STALLION, I here Pro Stock cars you can push them with a finger or two. Super Stock kind of the same way.
The two head guys that have impressed me the most lately are Marcella and Wilcox. And you know, both are NOT Pontiac gurus. But maybe you have a guy up north who also knows air flow. Maybe it was your HPs..........
I just turned 52. And folks my age all remember the T shirt or poster with the mouse or rat (nothing to do with Chevy fellas) giving the finger to the hawk or eagle coming to scoop him up in his talons.
It was called Last Act of Defiance .
A whole lot of folks on this site have got to know what that means.
Pontiacs Rule.
Hi Troy, My car has been parked for 7 years because I didn't find the right Pontiac motor that will get the ET that I am looking for. 5 of the BBC motors I was offered for free would have got me the ET I was looking for and faster. No CHUBBY for. I won my Super/Gas race in 96, Michael won the Q16 at Norwalk in 07, we broke the N/A, door car record in 09. When I get the PONTIAC motor that well give me the ET I want I will race again. Until then my Stallion team has accomplished a lot!!!!! AND ALWAYS WITH A PONTIAC !!!!!

Old 12-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Hi Troy, My car has been parked for 7 years because I didn't find the right Pontiac motor that will get the ET that I am looking for. 5 of the BBC motors I was offered for free would have got me the ET I was looking for and faster. No CHUBBY for. I won my Super/Gas race in 96, Michael won the Q16 at Norwalk in 07, we broke the N/A, door car record in 09. When I get the PONTIAC motor that well give me the ET I want I will race again. Until then my Stallion team has accomplished a lot!!!!! AND ALWAYS WITH A PONTIAC !!!!!
With a lite car that you have and any 500+ cubed Pontiac with an Don Hampton 2 lobe 8-71 will get you quick enough.

GTO George

Old 12-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

[QUOTE=GTOGEORGE;5674419]With a lite car that you have and any 500+ cubed Pontiac with an Don Hampton 2 lobe 8-71 will get you quick enough.

Hi George, how are you? First I am a Pontiac guy, 2nd I am a N/A guy. I do not know who Don Hampton is and I think a, 2 lobe 8-71 is a blower? Not for me. Funny thing is that all my friends, racing and non racing ask me what did Pontiac ever do for me, my answer, NOTHING. My Dad had Pontiacs but just for work and my Mom to do stuff for the house and for us. As we know I like to be different, anyone can build/order a 1200HP chubby but you have to be pretty sharp to get 1200HP out of a Traditional Pontiac N/A motor AND run 7:30s or quicker in a lite door car. Oh yeah, with a basic traditional Pontiac head not a chubby head that's bolts onto a Pontiac block.
Langer, RELAX, I know how hard it is to run 7:70s N/A in a 10,000LBS car!!!

Old 12-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Suspended

[QUOTE=STALLION;5674427]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
With a lite car that you have and any 500+ cubed Pontiac with an Don Hampton 2 lobe 8-71 will get you quick enough.

Hi George, how are you? First I am a Pontiac guy, 2nd I am a N/A guy. I do not know who Don Hampton is and I think a, 2 lobe 8-71 is a blower? Not for me. Funny thing is that all my friends, racing and non racing ask me what did Pontiac ever do for me, my answer, NOTHING. My Dad had Pontiacs but just for work and my Mom to do stuff for the house and for us. As we know I like to be different, anyone can build/order a 1200HP chubby but you have to be pretty sharp to get 1200HP out of a Traditional Pontiac N/A motor AND run 7:30s or quicker in a lite door car. Oh yeah, with a basic traditional Pontiac head not a chubby head that's bolts onto a Pontiac block.
Langer, RELAX, I know how hard it is to run 7:70s N/A in a 10,000LBS car!!!
I was an NA guy a loooooong time ago, went to blowers in the 80's best move I've ever made (racing that is). Been racing Pontiacs sine 74 when I bought my first GTO! Yea making 1,200HP in a NA Pontiac is difficult and a bit tricky its easier with a Blower! . I HATE Chevy anythings........PTTF!

GTO George

Old 12-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You know, as a Native American calling those things Big Chief is offensive in two ways.
How about Super Chief? Is Super Chief OK??

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Super Chief is just fine with me 2goats. They stayed true to the RAIV style head from the maker that honored the Native American tribe, Pontiac.
I am not one of those guys who has a problem with the Washington Redskins name either. You would be surprised to see how many Redskins jackets and tattoos you see on a Indian reservation.
I just think its freaking amazing that a head that turned out as a aluminum replacement for the RAIV head has made 1218HP NA !! Mikes, well now mine in a few days even have the stock valve location. Nothing moved around. Even the factory Edelbrock steel guides are still there.
When Edelbrock called Whittmores shop years ago and asked what kind of head did he think they should build he got what he asked for. Only exception was for one with 65 cc chambers so you could get CR with a 400. Bet a lot of folks wish it was made.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Wish we had a Vintage race class where I could run an Aluminum block and basically unlimited cubes, along with his other mods.
I guess technically the M/P-1 class would be the closest, but I'd need to run period correct 15" wheel's, bias tires and somewhat period correct brakes.
Would be great - Roger has some great battles against AC Cobras etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1rb12039283_900249193388234_3501235903686953113_n.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	443494  

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Super Chief is just fine with me 2goats. They stayed true to the RAIV style head from the maker that honored the Native American tribe, Pontiac.
I am not one of those guys who has a problem with the Washington Redskins name either. You would be surprised to see how many Redskins jackets and tattoos you see on a Indian reservation.
I just think its freaking amazing that a head that turned out as a aluminum replacement for the RAIV head has made 1218HP NA !! Mikes, well now mine in a few days even have the stock valve location. Nothing moved around. Even the factory Edelbrock steel guides are still there.
When Edelbrock called Whittmores shop years ago and asked what kind of head did he think they should build he got what he asked for. Only exception was for one with 65 cc chambers so you could get CR with a 400. Bet a lot of folks wish it was made.

Dang your all over it!!!!!!! Just a quick couple of questions. How much racing have you done in the past 10yrs ?

What's your plans racing wise once you get the baddest Eheads on the planet on a motor and running?
Do you plan on driving the car a ton? By a ton I mean 200-300 passes a year.

How soon do you think you will make all that happen?

And Good Luck to you I would be happy too if I had Mikes old Eheads!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 12-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Dang your all over it!!!!!!! Just a quick couple of questions. How much racing have you done in the past 10yrs ?

What's your plans racing wise once you get the baddest Eheads on the planet on a motor and running?

200-300 passes a year, I couldn't afford racing that much let alone not doing anything else in the summer (Camping, etc.). Back in my younger days going to Detroit Dragway racing sometimes 3 times a week. Racing was maybe 50 bucks with entry, gas and beer!

GTO George

Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

The last few years I have not raced all that much. Job situation was not the best. Finally have a good job like I used to always have. But from about 2002 for the next dozen years I raced 100-150 passes a year. I have 40+ firsts and second place trophy's in that time.
I plan on racing about that amount.
I have a track nearby (Samoa Drag Strip) that is at seas level, on a beach, surrounded on 3 sides by ocean, 65 deg in the summer. Track was re paved a few years back. Good track for going fast..
It will take me a good year at least to put it all together. Dont have the block yet. Stallion was trying to sell me his MR1A a few years back, but now he wants to run it. Just when I finally had the money! I have the heads, complete with T&D and pushrods and some billet steel rods. maybe a good used IA2-MR1 will come up, but it seems they are scarce.
My idea is to try and make a 900HP on CA pump gas. Something that does not need a ton a maintenance. Mike says I could make 850 with a flat tappet, so I see no reason a good size roller wont get me 900, maybe more. real question is the intake. Have a Victor but Mike say it will choke the heads. Dont think much of the BOP, He likes the Tiger but some say it will be hard to fit. Then there is the BBC 2x4 tunnel ram H&M will make fit a Pontiac for 1600$. I run Hooker 2" SCs on my 455 HO so I will run those to start.
Might run a 850 on it and try and ET around 10 flat and go up from there. Just keep putting more carb to it(have a pile of them) get thrown back in the seat, when that stops scaring you give it more carb, more cam until I am scared again. The car has a rear end and suspension that can handle 1600HP so I just want to play it smart and have fun.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The last few years I have not raced all that much. Job situation was not the best. Finally have a good job like I used to always have. But from about 2002 for the next dozen years I raced 100-150 passes a year. I have 40+ firsts and second place trophy's in that time.
I plan on racing about that amount.
I have a track nearby (Samoa Drag Strip) that is at seas level, on a beach, surrounded on 3 sides by ocean, 65 deg in the summer. Track was re paved a few years back. Good track for going fast..
It will take me a good year at least to put it all together. Dont have the block yet. Stallion was trying to sell me his MR1A a few years back, but now he wants to run it. Just when I finally had the money! I have the heads, complete with T&D and pushrods and some billet steel rods. maybe a good used IA2-MR1 will come up, but it seems they are scarce.
My idea is to try and make a 900HP on CA pump gas. Something that does not need a ton a maintenance. Mike says I could make 850 with a flat tappet, so I see no reason a good size roller wont get me 900, maybe more. real question is the intake. Have a Victor but Mike say it will choke the heads. Dont think much of the BOP, He likes the Tiger but some say it will be hard to fit. Then there is the BBC 2x4 tunnel ram H&M will make fit a Pontiac for 1600$. I run Hooker 2" SCs on my 455 HO so I will run those to start.
Might run a 850 on it and try and ET around 10 flat and go up from there. Just keep putting more carb to it(have a pile of them) get thrown back in the seat, when that stops scaring you give it more carb, more cam until I am scared again. The car has a rear end and suspension that can handle 1600HP so I just want to play it smart and have fun.
Cool glad you got job situation straightend out and it's going your way now. Have fun with it! I can tell by your post your beyond excited about the new go fast parts! Good Luck to you! Do you ever make it out to Vegas for the national or divisional to watch or race? I ask because I might hit the divisional next year it would be cool to bs with ya in person.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”

2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 12-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Cool glad you got job situation straightend out and it's going your way now. Have fun with it! I can tell by your post your beyond excited about the new go fast parts! Good Luck to you! Do you ever make it out to Vegas for the national or divisional to watch or race? I ask because I might hit the divisional next year it would be cool to bs with ya in person.
there are 2 div races at Vegas -- you looking at first or last one ??

Old 12-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
there are 2 div races at Vegas -- you looking at first or last one ??
The last one........I do like to get out of the blocks early. Like that one year I hit Arizonas double header which worked out dandy for me because I got out there early enough to watch a whooooole lot of spring training baseball!!!!

But if I go to Vegas it would be November because that's when I'd be able to get the vacation time......plus my father in law lives in Vegas sooooo the wife is cool with going to that race