Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2020, 10:27 AM

Question cylinder head recommendation needed

I am having my 4 cylinder rebuilt currently, and the engine builder stated that the cylinder head was cracked. My car was originally equipped with the one barrel intake and the head appears to have the larger combustion chambers, so I know it's the lower compression version of the engine. I want the engine to make more power and torque than stock, so that it will be able to keep up with modern traffic. I have a 4 barrel intake and plan to try out the sniper fuel injection setup on it. I thought a target of 9.5:1 static compression would be optimal for pump gas to make power without having detonation issues with the stock camshaft. What casting number cylinder heads should I look for? I don't think an expensive Edelbrock aluminum casting is needed since i'll be running a stock reground camshaft. I won't be able to take advantage of all that head has to offer.