OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ST300 to TH350 swap

For anyone that has swapped out to a TH350 (or other) transmission, what have you done for the transmission cooler? My stock Radiator does not have the provision for transmission cooler lines. I just wanted to see what anyone has done as a solution to this, including an auxiliary cooler and line sets. I am also curious about a kick-down cable, but I've noticed that the TH350 some companies offer (Jegs, for example) state that they have eliminated the need for the kick-down.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 02-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Senior Chief

I purchased a radiator from US Radiator out of CA that had the cooling line hook ups. The radiator looks stock. I ordered the cooling lines from our host and all went in well. I swapped in a 200 4R and put it behind a Sprint 6. (there is a guy that makes a trans cable bracket for the OHC 6) Very happy with the stock-ish look. Good Luck.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Cooler...

from most any of the aftermarket suppliers will do...but there is enough variety to suit your fancy. Most attach to your stock radiator with no ill effects.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:47 PM

I feel the newer plate style coolers will out perform the in rad coolers? If you do not need a new rad,this would be a cheaper alternative. Sprint bird was that swap on an A-body? Curious to what lines you used? There are 2 sets shown for 67 cars.RamAir & non RA. Not sure the difference? I need set for a 66 A-Body also...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Senior Chief

I purchased a radiator for the stock look, as I did not want to hang an extra cooler out in front. I am now in the planning process of adding A/C to my car. and will have a condenser to hang out in front. It would not look stock to me with a trans cooler and condenser out in front of the radiator, so it was worth it to me to replace the 50 year old radiator. I am not worried about which cooler performs "better" as our Sprints do not produce enough power to overheat a trans very easily. Remember our cars came with air cooled trans originally! You will need the smaller diameter lines for the TH350 or 200 4R. We ended up bending and reflaring them to fit better. Good luck!