Old 06-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 gto fuel line from fuel pump up to carb

Checked with ames today, they said they dont have a line from the fuel pump up............they have the N129b..........just a little 3 inch line it looks like.

What im trying to do is i have a 66 tri power, been using a stainless steel hose from the pump up to the carbs...............thinking i would like something safer/stronger than what i have...............thought i could use a hard line like if you had a 4bbl............cant seem to get this one.

Ames has them for a 64-65...........then goes to 67 and up............any help here would be great................or pic of what you have on a 66 4 bbl car..............at least i can see if i could make this work on my car.

Thanks

Rich

Old 07-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The 4 barrel cars used a rubber line from pump to carb. Never seemed very smart to me. I'm not near my car so can't take a picture right now.

66 GTO convertible 389/4 speed (parents bought new)
73 Firebird Formula 400/4 speed
74 GTO 455/4 speed
74 Grand Am
Old 07-07-2023, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

something sticks in my mind as 66 having a line from tank that,depending on engine option
would be on either side of frame. Maybe try inline tube or right stuff detailing

Old 07-07-2023, 04:50 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsmasher View Post
The 4 barrel cars used a rubber line from pump to carb. Never seemed very smart to me. I'm not near my car so can't take a picture right now.
I have two pictures of what I believe where correct 66 engine details, both show a rubber line from fuel pump up to a metal elbow on the AFB carb.
Mike Pearson

Muncie 4 speed (orginally an automatic car)