Old 01-20-2020, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I would like to see their billet RAV head up and running too. We all know what the Boss Bird has done with billet RAVs.
We have had a few people ask us privately about buying RA5 billet heads. When we tell them how much they really cost to make, they quickly drop the idea. I doubt that there is a sensible market for KRE to pursue. And it should be noted that we tweaked our design a bit after field testing and KRE would need to plan on the same path. No design is 100% ready for action, right off the drawing board.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 01-20-2020, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think those may have been posted here before.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads...29971/page-260

Post # 5,197 - 3fastgtos

Quote:
Something a little different. Billet 8 degree RA5 Pontiac
Quote:
Very cool, any details on them or the build?
Quote:
Dave Wilcox from H&M Airflow built them for me. N/A 560”ish, BES is building it for me.
Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 01-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

Dont look like a RA5 head to me.

Old 01-20-2020, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is my opinion only,if the pushrod does not go through the ports it’s just another high performance aftermarket head.Tom

Old 01-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
This is my opinion only,if the pushrod does not go through the ports it’s just another high performance aftermarket head.Tom
Agree!!

GTO George

Old 01-20-2020, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Using that logic aren't almost all "Pontiac replacement heads" just another high performance aftermarket head. The KRE Super Wedge has moved the valve center line. How is that any different then moving the push rod?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm

Last edited by Stan Weiss; 01-20-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

STAN,you tell me what the difference is having a pushrod in the port on a N/A engine!No engine ford or Pontiac has proven to be as good as one without!Tom

Old 01-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Using that logic aren't almost all "Pontiac replacement heads" just another high performance aftermarket head. The KRE Super Wedge has moved the valve center line. How is that any different then moving the push rod?

Stan
Its like calling a custom built D port head, a Ram Air 4 head...It just makes no sense...

Old 01-20-2020, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
I think those may have been posted here before.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads...29971/page-260

Post # 5,197 - 3fastgtos

Stan
I bet it re writes some Pontiac power records when its all ironed out. We will see, should be very interesting. I have some pics of that head on Daves bench with him putting most of his whole hand in a intake port.
Call it whatever you want. I call it a improved RAV. Same cam, same exhaust layout without the RAVs biggest problem. "Something in the Way".
Folks need to stop with all the BS about calling a head this or that. Not "Pontiac" enough. It holds us back. I mean, I don't care for the canted stuff, but some want to give it a shot its a good thing. We have a dying engine family on life support.
Let it all rock and see what we have in the end. If someone wants to stretch a block and heads and pay for it, give it a shot. The BBC and BBF guys who are beating out brains in do it without thinking twice. What is left "stock" in Pro Mod engines ? Not much.
And if some want to do the stock bore spacing thing and pushrod in the port, that great too. Room for both, big tent policy I say.
Just my opinion. As long as there is not a BBC under the hood and it has a "little" Pontiac there its better than the alternative.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Senior Chief

Why not just come up with a cool name for the head, and market it that way?

If a RA5 intake will bolt to it, that would be fine...But it doesnt...Its IGNORANT to think of it as a RA5 head...

In the chevy world, when they created a different head, they created a name for it too...Is that too hard of a concept for this scenario?

Old 01-20-2020, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Call it a RAVI for all I care. Just imagine if Pontiac,s old RAV was one like Daves, smaller but in iron. We would be in a better place now.
There is a reason Ford got rid of the Tunnel Port design. PMD hired their out of work engineers and the BBF became a better engine than the BBC.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac took the path of least resistance at the time to greatly increase air flow and eliminate the heat concentration in the center of the head at a minimal cost. It made sense at the time. The best solution would have been some sort of OHC design with the better flowing heads, but no budget and possible rules issues with the racing organizations. The argument of what to name the Wilcox design head will never end or make everyone happy. Those opinions will always run the gamut from anything without a PMD part number is not a Pontiac, to anything and everything goes . As each year passes, fewer and fewer people could care a less . JMO Personally, I like the Ram Air VI designation because it takes the Ram Air V valve layout and moves the design forward. But KRE already has the Warp VI name out there and that could be confusing to some, I guess. That head design will be one of several to watch in the next few years.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That Wilcox design is interesting (things i like, things i dont like about) hope to see some performance info on it in the coming years.
The KRE hemi build will cool to see

Old 01-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
That Wilcox design is interesting (things i like, things i dont like about) hope to see some performance info on it in the coming years.
The KRE hemi build will cool to see
What are your likes and dislikes?

Old 01-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I bet it re writes some Pontiac power records when its all ironed out. We will see, should be very interesting. I have some pics of that head on Daves bench with him putting most of his whole hand in a intake port.
Call it whatever you want. I call it a improved RAV. Same cam, same exhaust layout without the RAVs biggest problem. "Something in the Way".
Folks need to stop with all the BS about calling a head this or that. Not "Pontiac" enough. It holds us back. I mean, I don't care for the canted stuff, but some want to give it a shot its a good thing. We have a dying engine family on life support.
Let it all rock and see what we have in the end. If someone wants to stretch a block and heads and pay for it, give it a shot. The BBC and BBF guys who are beating out brains in do it without thinking twice. What is left "stock" in Pro Mod engines ? Not much.
And if some want to do the stock bore spacing thing and pushrod in the port, that great too. Room for both, big tent policy I say.
Just my opinion. As long as there is not a BBC under the hood and it has a "little" Pontiac there its better than the alternative.

Close to a Warp 6 head?

Old 01-20-2020, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post

. As each year passes, fewer and fewer people could care a less . JMO

Unfortunately a lot of truth there.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Stratostreak VI, there, it's named.............

Figure the SCCA got $5 a car to use the T/A and C/A names, with inflation I'd take the same $5 for each pair of heads he sells, Dave can just send me a check when the royalties get to $100...............LMAO.............

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-20-2020, 08:57 PM
Senior Chief

No doubt you will see Wilcox's Billet Ram Air 5 head run this year.

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 01-20-2020, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
No doubt you will see Wilcox's Billet Ram Air 5 head run this year.
And that dog will hunt...

Old 01-20-2020, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
Close to a Warp 6 head?
I will reserve claims until I see the heads make some passes...
I can say this, Dave loves induction... he tests stuff more that anyone I have seen... wet flow, dry flow... the guy lives for it.
Not saying he's the best at all but he is relentless with it... always done me good.