Old 04-10-2021, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thx fellas....so dropping to 4" gets me a little further out with current tires anyway :-)

Old 04-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i currently have 225/70 all the way around so going to 245/70 in the rear will help fill in the well...its about an 1" wider & taller...heck, if they make a 255/70 its almost 1.2" wider & an 1.6" taller...that will fill the rear well better...just need to make sure they'll fit in there with my current standard 15x7 rims...

Old 04-15-2021, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good source for Rally II wheel info http://www.pontiacserver.com/wheels.html

Old 04-15-2021, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott70 View Post
IAs far as the rally2 wheels go,,,,I ordered some custom 4.75" BS 15x8 rally 2's for my 70 back in august from wheel vintiques.,,,yep august. I call every month and they say theyre still waiting for the outer rings from their supplier which is a company here in the states. Couple of weeks ago they told me hopefully Ill have them in June. They powder coat the rim in argent silver which is a good match and durable. Then they paint the center in the charcoal grey which is not a good match and it scrapes off very easily. I scraped off the charcoal grey,sanded and repainted the centers in eastwoods charcoal grey and clear coated with their satin clear in a can. Much more durable now,,,,I actually got the center caps on without flaking it off. I have the vintiques 15x7 on the front with 4" BS. Just waiting on the 15x8's for the back. 245/60-15 in the front and 255/60-15 in the back but this is on a gto not a firebird. Like was said,,,you cant even find their off the shelf rally 2 sizes right now.
This is good info. I was looking at getting another set of Rally II wheels to run modern radials, and just leave the Polyglas tires on my original JWs for car shows and the like. I was also considering going with WheelVintiques. I had heard that their finish wasn't super-durable, but figured I would just have the wheels blasted and repainted. I like the idea of a bit bigger wheel in the back (15x8) to fill up some of the space.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lowered the rear around 1.5 inches w/lowering blocks and went with 225/70/15s all the way around on the original 15x7 rims