On Vacation

http://www.fasteststreetcar.com/forums/showthread.php?s...c62977&threadid=2778

Check out Extreme Street.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn! Rays Flying!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 AM

yes, thay were flying in 95 degree air temp and very humid, seeen John Langer run 9.17 in the first, but lost to stanton, Ray Cox never made a full pass on Saturday, tried the nitrous late but had some type of problem, back fired? right as he touched it off, then idled down the track.

10.73 @ 126 mph
9.97 @ 135 mph w/100 hp of nitrous
Old 06-26-2005, 07:52 AM
On Vacation

He needs to call Ken Keefer for nitrous and/or engine building advice.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We got the longblock in the car and loaded in the trailer Friday night 1:30am. Got in line next morning and waited. We finished putting the engine together with 5 minutes left of qualifing Thanks to Mr. Langer for jumping in. Other things had to be finished. So close, yet so far away. Ray's last carb was distroyed from the nitruos backfire which we now think caused the rod failure discussed in the other topic. We could not fine, barrow, or afford to have his Pro carb fixed. They were there, took one look and said; over $500 to start So he had to use my 1090 Demon. Way so not right for what he is doing. Plus, nothing was correct for nitrous activation. Ray had to gualify NA. We then finished making brackets and adapting for nitrous activation. Thanks to Tyree ? for solving that problem. Everything was ready. Just one small error. The assistant engine biulder/crewman fell asleep before double checking everything. I hadn't sleep't since Thursday 6am. The heat along with not eating right had taken it's toll. The Nitrous never fired Sorry Ray, i know you said it was your fault too, but...Anyway, i'm proud announce Ray was able to drive into the trailer Alot a changes were made. So we have testing to do. See you guys at Cordova. Also thanks to Jamme and Rob, and everyone else who helped. Kickass job guys. If Ray can get help like that on every weekend, he will be a contender.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 06-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 76ta400:
yes, thay were flying in 95 degree air temp and very humid, seeen John Langer run 9.17 in the first, but lost to stanton, Ray Cox never made a full pass on Saturday, tried the nitrous late but had some type of problem, back fired? right as he touched it off, then idled down the track. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Did you stop by Ray's trailer? Don't remember meeting you. Maybe thats when i was asleep at the table in front of the car I think it was a fuel backfire. That carb is set up for a 600ci, 7000rpm NA BBC. Also to much timing backed out for launch IMO. But we will get everything figured out.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 AM
On Vacation

352-796-8800.

Ken's Speed and Machine.

Hicktown, FL

Old 06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blown Nitro Pontiac:
352-796-8800.

Ken's Speed and Machine.

Hicktown, FL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Funny I dont see Blown Nitros name on any of the qaulifying ladders at any race Maybe I just dont know how to spell it but he is good at hiding behind a keyboard

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hang in there Ray, its coming togather for you
every dawg has his day, yours is comin up! (8-)

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BVR421:
Hang in there Ray, its coming togather for you
every dawg has his day, yours is comin up! (8-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no Worries here we're almost back on track

Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 PM

Were you ever able to get a full pass? Call me , who won Pro Stock?

Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
On Vacation

352-796-8800.

Ken's Speed and Machine.

Or, if you'd rather not face the music:

215-205-5575.

WWW.RexRacing.com

Old 06-26-2005, 12:17 PM
On Vacation

"Boom! Boom! Out go the lights!"

Old 06-26-2005, 12:19 PM
On Vacation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Cox:Funny I dont see Blown Nitros name on any of the qaulifying ladders at any race Maybe I just dont know how to spell it but he is good at hiding behind a keyboard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And do what, Ray?

Run an 11.41?

I could do that in first. Or in reverse.

Ladder? Somebody see a ladder?

All I saw was the bottom rung.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blown Nitro Pontiac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Cox:Funny I dont see Blown Nitros name on any of the qaulifying ladders at any race Maybe I just dont know how to spell it but he is good at hiding behind a keyboard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And do what, Ray?

Run an 11.41?

I could do that in first. Or in reverse.

Ladder? Somebody see a ladder?

All I saw was the bottom rung.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> still wont give your name ? what a candy ass Keyboard jockey

Old 06-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Me first! me first! Ok, your so good, show us your accomplishments. Or let us know which Pro event you participate in, so we can see for ourselves. People like you give racing a bad rep. If you nothing good to post here, giving good advice or helping other Pontiac people out, go else where to start trouble. We dont need you.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:58 PM

i did come by a couple times, you guys looked pretty busy so i didn't want to bother you. the only thing i got to say to the people that are so critical of what you are doing is where are they at if it is that easy.

10.73 @ 126 mph
9.97 @ 135 mph w/100 hp of nitrous
Old 06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 76ta400:
i did come by a couple times, you guys looked pretty busy so i didn't want to bother you. the only thing i got to say to the people that are so critical of what you are doing is where are they at if it is that easy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Next time let us know, we'l put you to work You got that right about competing. I heard one car did not make it to qualifing. One broke trying to. Two broke in the first round. One or both did make it to 2nd round. No one there had the clear advantange. This level, anything can happen. Every race is up for grabs I cant believe the money involved. Not just to go fast at every event, but how some people live better out of thier car trailers then i do at home Dont get me wrong, everyone i've met, with a few exceptions, will go out of thier way to help as long as they are not thrash'n themselves. Even then, they try to help

Old 06-26-2005, 02:47 PM
On Vacation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PONCHOSHOP: If you nothing good to post here, giving good advice or helping other Pontiac people out, go else where to start trouble. We dont need you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, contraire, mon frere. But I DID give people advice. And, judging by the 11.41, it appears to be good advice to follow.

Look HERE:

Blown Nitro Pontiac
Posted June 24, 2005 05:57 PM
Advice #1.:

Don't listen to a guy who blows up every motor he's ever built.

Advice #2.:

Don't listen to a guy who blows up every motor he's ever built AND can't remove his BOP belt drive gear.

Advice #3.:

Don't listen to a guy who blows up every motor he's ever built AND can't remove his BOP belt drive gear AND refuses to follow the directions that he's been given by numerous people for doing so.

Two MORE pieces of advice, for those who keep blowing up their stuff and running 11s:

Ken Keefer; 352-796-8800

Scott Rex; 215-205-5575

Tony Bischoff; wait a minute. Caveat: If you call Tony, do NOT tell him you were referred by the 11.41 grenadier; he'll hang up on you.

And I don't go to "Pro" events because, as Lou
Gaccione told me "You're just a hobbyist!"

Old 06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dont let a-holes get you down Ray.I made a few runs on my new bird and have some problems of my own to work out.It sucks but there will be hell to pay when you get it right.Brian Ulrich