Old 08-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default need help with accessory codes

have an appraiser asking about the 3 accessory codes on my car.
A49
B70
B80

any Help decoding this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fremont cars will have the UPC style option codes.

Only certain ones were regurgitated on the Data Plate.

All of them can be found on your PHS manifest record.

A49 designated Front Pair Seat Belts, the "Custom" seat belt option with the Winder Style Retractors for the '64. After December, regular seat belts were standard so the Custom Seat Belt option (Sales Code 624) effectively only added the winder retractors as far as the pricing was concerned.

B70 designated the upper instrument panel cover (dash pad).

B80 designated the Roof Drip Rail Moldings.

The Roof Drip Rail Moldings were standard on the Lemans, nevertheless, the B80 was coded. Will have an asterisk next to the B80 on the PHS record to indicate it was NOT extra cost on your build.

The other two options suggest that the car may have been ordered with the 062 Protection Group option, as it included both the A49 & B70 individual options. Does it also have the Rear Window Defogger option?

Only a few other UPC codes were coded on the Data Plates of the '64 Fremont builds, such as A20 to designate the regular seat belts and B90 to designate side window reveal moldings.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes it does have a rear window defogger. It does have dash pad and drip rail moulding as well, LOL. No rear seat belts though.
Don't have a PHS document yet, I know I should get it, it's on the list , LOL.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

also have another number after ac codes 3332 any idea's
824f is the start of the vin,

Old 08-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You could NOT get Rear Seat Belts from the factory.

Regardless of whether it was a bench seat car or bucket seat, the ONLY factory seat belts you could order were the Front Pair, meaning Outboard positions, 1 set on the Driver side one set on the Front Passenger side.

A20 were the standard front pair belts (no retractors) and A49 were the Custom front pair belts with the winder retractors.

Prior to January, both of these were Options. After December, the A20 belts were made standard (which increased the Base Price of every Pontiac by $11) and the Custom belts option was reduced in price by $10.76, which was the original price for the A20 option.

A Seat Belt Delete option was added to the Order Form, when ordered, it resulted in an $11 deduct off the total SRP of the car.

If you wanted Rear Seat Belts, you could buy them over the counter from the Dealer as a Dealer Accessory item, and the Dealer could also install them for you.

VIN prefix 824F decodes as 8 cyl (all GTOs were V8 so all GTOs start with 8), 22 Series Lemans (GTO option was only available for the 22 Series Lemans so all GTOs will show the 2 in the VIN, Tempest was 20 Series, 0 in the VIN, Tempest Custom was 21 Series, 1 in the VIN), 4 is '64 Model Year, and F means Fremont Assembly Plant (in '65, Fremont code changed to Z, all new VIN format in '65).

3332 will be on the PHS record as the "LOAD OR SEQ. NO.".

Not exactly certain what the purpose was but it seems to have been something of a Fisher Body count of Pontiac build orders.

In '64, it was always coded as 4 digit and since they built about 38,000 Pontiacs at Fremont in '64, the Sequence Nos. "recycled", so that there would have been 4 different '64 Pontiac Orders with Seq. No. 3332.

Depending on when the car was built and the VIN Seq. No., you can determine if yours was the 6332nd, (1)6332nd, (2)332nd, or (3)3332nd "sequenced" Pontiac order to come thru Fremont in '64.

The VIN Seq. No. will be lower than the Order Seq. No., not sure why except that they may have assigned Order Sequence Nos. for Orders that were cancelled and not built, so weren't given a VIN.

I once logged a bunch of the '64 Fremont Seq Nos. vs. VINs to see if I could make sense of the difference. Never really did.

The first Fremont Pontiac VIN was F1001. I do not know what the lowest Seq. No. was.

But if I knew your build date I could guess your VIN seq within a few hundred units.

If your Seq. No. is 3332, your VIN would be around F3100. Built around Oct.

If your Seq. No. is (1)3332, your VIN would be around F13000. Built around Feb.

If your Seq. No. is (2)3332, your VIN would be around F22700. Built around April.

If your Seq. No. is (3)3332, your VIN would be around F31500. Built around June.

My own '64 GTO is a Fremont build so I'm especially interested in them.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
Depending on when the car was built and the VIN Seq. No., you can determine if yours was the 6332nd, (1)6332nd, (2)332nd, or (3)3332nd "sequenced" Pontiac order to come thru Fremont in '64.
Correction, the above paragraph should have read:

Depending on when the car was built and the VIN Seq. No., you can determine if yours was the 3332nd, (1)3332nd, (2)3332nd, or (3)3332nd "sequenced" Pontiac order to come thru Fremont in '64.

Somehow I managed to mess up the nos. in the previous post. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the help , last part of vin 13160. I did see a frame date when I had it all apart, and it was feb 64