Old 05-18-2020, 10:31 PM
Senior Chief

Default Dash date codes

Can anyone provide a pic showing the locations for the date code for when the dash was made? I've got a NOS sandalwood dash that I believe was used on custom interior 70 and 71 cars (dash is a medium gray). There seems to be two or three date codes present. I don't know which one to go by. Any help??

Alan

Old 05-21-2020, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/A Fanatic View Post
Can anyone provide a pic showing the locations for the date code for when the dash was made? I've got a NOS sandalwood dash that I believe was used on custom interior 70 and 71 cars (dash is a medium gray). There seems to be two or three date codes present. I don't know which one to go by. Any help??

Alan
Interesting. Can you post a pic of it? A sandalwood dash is more of a "caramel brown" color... but perhaps in the absence of comparative colors it looks gray?

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 05-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Senior Chief

Keith, from my experience, the color is different for a standard interior vice the custom interior. The custom interior is more gray I think. At least from the pics I've seen it is. But I admit I don't have a lot of experience in this area. I've got to figure out how to post a pic since PY won't let me just paste an image here.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/A Fanatic View Post
Keith, from my experience, the color is different for a standard interior vice the custom interior. The custom interior is more gray I think. At least from the pics I've seen it is. But I admit I don't have a lot of experience in this area. I've got to figure out how to post a pic since PY won't let me just paste an image here.
No difference in color between standard and custom interior. Just the grab bar on the passenger side for a deluxe interior. But the colors on early 2nd gen cars faded BADLY when they were exposed to UV. So if you seen 10 different cars with the same interior color that have all spent varying amounts of time in the sun over the years, they'll probably all look different. Plus there is the fact that Pontiac offered both a Sandalwood and a Saddle interior, and they frequently get confused.

Your pics don't seem to be posting correctly. Feel free to email to me aquary@hotmail.com, and I can post if you'd like.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 05-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Senior Chief

Test.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Senior Chief

Here is what I think is the part number and date?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1c...-no?authuser=0