Old 09-06-2019, 01:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Another nice survivor '75 Ventura SPRINT, on California CL

Transfering this post from the epic craigslist thread in the LOBBY.

I don't know if the original poster thought the asking price was epic, but I'm thankful he posted it.

I'm astonished at how unmolested beauties like this still turn up after 40 years.
The second one in as many weeks.

When I first opened the link, I thought that was the same car that has been on eBay multiple times in the last 6-8 years. Bimini Blue, white upholstry. Also seen in Hemmings.
That car was being sold out of the St Louis area, then Minnesota (or vice versa).
But I can't remember if it was a hatchback. Or if it was a column shift.
One thing I do know is, it was 350 Buick powered.

This CL seller doesn't specify 260 or 350, but in the right hand rundown, it says '6 cylinders'. I suppose the I-6 was the standard engine even on a SPRINT, but I have to wonder if that is an absent minded typo.

If this is indeed a six cyl, it is extremely rare. I would venture (no pun intended) to say fewer than 200 SPRINT optioned Venturas rolled off the assembly line with the I-6. Probably only half that. And likely, most of those were dealer ordered. What customer would order a sporty looking car like that and not check the box for a V-8? The 260 Olds couldn't have been more than a $200 upgrade.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...971514875.html

Old 09-06-2019, 01:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A few pictures for brevety:

Old 09-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

additional pics

Ad copy:
1975 Pontiac Ventura Sprint, 1 of only 1,400 ever made! Hatchback with folding back seats allows easy transportation of any surfboard, paddle board, bike, or any other weekend activity you can think of!

Odometer: 41,000

Old 09-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Beautiful!

I just realized, I don't recall ever seeing any of original 160 thousand '75 Venturas produced at any of the many car shows or cruise nights I've been to over the years. Occasionally I would see a survivor/beater still being used on the road.