Ultimate Warrior

Happy Birthday Arnie. Youre a legend

Old 05-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy birthday man.!! Great life still lots to go

Old 05-08-2020, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy Birthday Arnie!

Met years ago at POCI Nat's in MD and then Butler's Pontiac Memorial Day Race in TN. Several times after that over the years.

Very Nice man. Takes time to talk to his fans.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Cheers.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Senior Chief

I'm just a little curious, has Arnie ever posted on this forum?

Old 05-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don’t know if he has ever posted but Dean Fait keeps an eye on this forum and will let him know we are posting and get it up for him so he can see or print it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Senior Chief

Thank you mgarblik .

Old 05-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

Thumbs up

HAPPY BIRDAY ARNIE

Old 05-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Never had the pleasure of meeting Arnie in person but did see him make several passes at the Holley Hot Rod Reunion at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green back in 2008. Happy Birthday Arnie. You have set the bar very high.

69 Bird w/1970 400 block(409 cubes), #64 heads, hyd. roller, Q-jet by Jeff E., original interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, street driven muscle. 3800 lbs. race weight. Best, 11.39 @118, my son's car.

79 T/A w/463, Scat crank, Eagle rods, Icon pistons, Lunati solid roller, 262/270, KRE 325 heads,Northwind intake, QF950 carb, full interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, 3650 lbs. race weight. 10.72 @ 126 so far... no tuning yet.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet64 View Post
Never had the pleasure of meeting Arnie in person but did see him make several passes at the Holley Hot Rod Reunion at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green back in 2008. Happy Birthday Arnie. You have set the bar very high.
I have posted stuff like this before but one more time won’t hurt. When you are at an event, car show or race and Arnie or another legend/Ikon are on the ground, do yourself a GIANT favor and spend some time meeting and talking with them. In my late 20’s, early 30’s I was pretty shy and wish I would have met and learned from these movers and shakers earlier. You will never be disappointed with meeting Mr. Beswick period. His memory of events from 60 years ago are vivid. He always has time to talk with you. He wants to see and hear about your Pontiac projects. Even while his 130 year old barn with all his racing stuff burning to the ground inside last year at Norwalk. He was still on the grounds talking with fans. Who else on earth would be doing this at 89? He loves his fans and Pontiacs. Arnie Beswick, Joe Mondello, Milt Shornack, Nunzi, Smokey Yunick, many others. See them and have a conversation while you can. Lifetime memory.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Happy birthday!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Old 05-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had the pleasure of seeing him twice in recent years, once at the GTO Nats in Philly and then at POCI in Gettysburg. Incredibly nice and personable guy, and very enthusiastic to talk about Pontiacs, sign an autograph, and even asked all about my car. GREAT guy and we're lucky to have him representing Pontiacs!
I've also met Milt and Nunzi, both were really cool, too!

Old 05-13-2020, 08:30 PM

Thumbs up

A belated Happy Birthday to a great ambassador and living legend in Drag Racing! I’ve met a bunch of drag racing royalty over the years and Arnie is by far the most gracious and accommodating. He makes time for pictures/autographs and conversations. I saw Arnie climb into a GTO Trunk to sign its underside at POCI Gettysburg for a fellow Pontiac enthusiast. Can’t think of another who would do that.

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
Old 05-13-2020, 11:00 PM

Happy Birthday Arnie ! X infinity. A little off subject but very relevant to the issue I once met Tom Landry, ex coach of the Dallas Cowboys. I always thought he was a stuffed shirt and was never a fan. Well the owner of the Cadillac dealership where I worked was a friend of his and brought him out to the shop to meet all the mechanics. It was surreal, and when he reached out to shake my hand I said "oh sorry I'm really greasy" he said "give it here" and grabbed my hand and gave me a manly handshake. He didn't care about a little grease. Needless to say I was a fan from that day on.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Met Arnie and talked to him many times very personal. There were others waiting,so I said see ya,good luck. At Gettysburg POCI the one morning I walked up to his trailer. Guys were just setting up. Arnie was there got talking racing early on. He said did you bring a car? Yes,1974 SD TA,I bought new because of your racing early SD s. He wanted to see it,so I drove up parked it at his trailer. He came over,I had got out of car,he opened door and sat down. He was enthused about the original feel and look. Got some pics talked some more. Thanked him. Forgot to get him to autograph the car,to much car talk.Just amazing so many sides to this man.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2020, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea Arnie is like that. He walked around my 69 Bird at Maple Grove. Got the photo. You knpw, i could give a hoot about the photo, but seems to be more important to me these days.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can recall many, many times, Arnie sitting in the staging lanes, getting ready for a 1/8th mile burnout and a low 7 second run, reaching out of the driver's door to sign a model, car part, or picture someone had brought up to him. Until the engine was running on the race car, he was always available. His focus was just incredible and he was able to get into race mode very quickly.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:17 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
... he was able to get into race mode very quickly...
Very few with so much drag race experience- Arnie, Karamesines, and ???

Old 05-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pat Dakin is still racing NHRA Top Fuel out of Dayton, OH He has had a very long career. Born in 1946 so he is 74. That's up there for a top class. He has been 324 MPH 3.71 ET. All those years, 2 NHRA Event wins. That's a high level of dedication. 7 final rounds.