Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:41 PM
PY VIP

Default door jamb VIN decals

Here is another cool product. Our company is the only agent for ECS Automotive Concepts. They are licensed by GM Ford Chrysler Porsche etc their big business is late model vehicles for insurance companies by providing correct original dead on correct VIN decals.

Every G car/truck from 1969 and up had either a single blue door jamb VIN decal or a pair of white ones on tamper proof paper. Repaints, fading etc can easily ruin this critical decal(s). Some auction houses will flag your car if this VIN decal is missing. Some states won;t let you register the car if this VIN decal is missing.

While its true you can buy blank ones on ebay you will never match the correct font style to fill it in properly. SO why bother doing it halfway right.

Price we charge working with ECS is the same price if you went direct. Again we have offered this unique service to all the major GM companies and to date only a few have gotten on board mostly Corvette companies. Company has been doing ones for my retail market turbo regals for over a year.

You spent the big bucks getting your pride & joy restored this is the crowning touch that only one company can do them 100% correct with GMs blessing.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

email me for more details.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Interested in 1973 Trans Am door decal if you make it. Can you send a picture and price please. Thanks

Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have purchased on of those "do it yourself" kits - but am interested in pricing too...

This would be for my 1970 Formula Firebird.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=g&id=21

Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
I am an agent for ECS and the pricing is EXACTLY the same if you deal direct with them or me. However, I can tell you we are very good at making sure all the info is correct before we submit it to them.

Their main business is late model cars and trucks that require various factory decals and VIN related stickers from accidents.

Here is how I got involved. About 2 years ago I saw their ad in a magazine so I called them. Asked about a possible wholesale deal because my market the Turbo Regals this is a issue with thefts and the fact many cars have been repainted, or the VIN decals have faded so badly they are not readable.

I was told by the person on the phone they had been approached before on numerous occasions mostly by Corvette companies as Corvette owners really live and breathe OEM correct parts documents etc...always turned them down.

They just don't have the man power to decode older GM cars that owners may not have the proper information on. I told the person on the phone to tell the owner my name with the hopes he wold change his mind.. Few hours later the owner called me back Dave Walden.

Turns out he was a Pontiac customer of mine 25/30 years ago....and the rest as they say is history.

To give you an idea how particular Dave Walden is.....he is very well known in the Mopar world. Google his name. He has accomplished a feat in that world that has never ever been duplicated. On the national level he has won best of show not once not twice but three times and did it with three different chrysler cars.

While its true you can buy blank stickers all day long off ebay for $25 or more, you can never make it correct as no regular typewriter in the world will match the font style that GM used nor would you be able to get it spaced correctly or even know what info is needed.

Door jam VIn decals first appeared by law in 1969 thru until 1974 it was a single blue sticker. In 1975 and 1976 it was a single white decal. In 1978 thru 1989 which is what I go up to it was two white decals on tamper proof paper meaning you try and remove it and it falls apart.

I already sell to Corvette Central. Zip Products will be introducing it later this Spring as well.

If someone emails me denniskirban@yahoo.com I can email them photos of what they look like as I don't know how to post photos in this thread.

You got two options currently to get a exact duplicate done ECS direct and my company kirbanperformance.com newbies may not know my name but I started in the GTO business in 1978.

If you decal is missing you got to determine the month and year of production of your car. To do this you got to decode the metal body trim plate. I know how to do the Grand Nationals 1984-1987 but you need to research on the internet how to do your vintage Pontiac. It is probably the lst several letters numbers on your body trim plate.

Again I am not an expert on this. We also require proof you own the car with the VIN number meaning copy of your title or registration. Also gross vehicle weight some years front and rear weight. These can be estimated against other examples but you have to provide this. Also the factory tire sizes.

It takes 2-3 weeks but like I said this is the real deal GM licensed. This company is really good at what they do. Besides having license agreements with the major 3 automakers they also have Porsche and Lamborghini.

Being VIN related this door jamb decal is of major importance maybe not to you today but it becomes a major factor when you sell your car. Some auction houses will flag the car if it is missing that decal since it has the VIN number on it.

Some states won;t register the car if it is missing.

Remember we can do any GM car 1969 through 1989. Already done Cadillacs Monte Carlos Corvettes Oldsmobiles.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Last edited by dennis kirban; 01-10-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds good to me Dennis but help me on something please. I've never seen a blue vin sticker on any 69 gm car with the exception of a 69 camaro made after 1970. I've had plenty of survivors and none had a sticker on a 69. Can you elaborate?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, you stated the same from the start of your thread. niceta wanted a price and a sample, which my link provides.

Dave is/was a member on the board. But, I personally, do have a problem with their accuracy on decals.

And not to get into too much of a pissing match, but if we have to do all the research, what do we need you for again?

OMG, just looked at the link I provided.
States a 1974 Trans Am, when in fact it's a Ventura. Even copied VIN incorrectly. And I wonder why I hold a disdain for them.

Last edited by Held for Ransom; 01-10-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:57 AM
PY VIP

Lets back track alittle when I started in 1978 you could send shifters direct to Hurst and have them rebuilt....I offered the same deal except I provided one day turn around for a fee in other words I am an option and from what I have seen not many owners of older GM cars are aware of ECS I know my market wasn't and we get quite a number of door jamb VIN decals done for that market matter of fact he even does 1986 and 1987 Turbo Regal window stickers for me.

I have seen his work and it is exact correct paper correct font for the vintage I deal with 1984-1987..

As for the years you got to research on the internet but from what I understand and I have samples on a display board 1969 was the first it may be for a 1970 model but keep in mind production date wold be fall of 1969 so possibly 1970 cars is the correct answer. With that said yes 1970 would be the first model year production date could read fall of 69 which can be confusing even to me.

Again I am not an expert this all came about because of my retail market 1984-1987 Turbo Regals that market is what I know extremely well.....

From response I have gotten not every owner of an older Pontiac is aware of his services....

I deal mostly with companies with his services since they can get a discount through me. I just figured I would make those that read this forum aware of it......if they order through me its fine if not their choice...same money either way.

Point being his company is the only one.....that can do it in full with proper information.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Senior Chief

I need to get pictures of all my decals b4 they are completely unreadable.
Do they also do body panel VIN decals? Think they started in 89, there are 10 on each of my 89-92 cars.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm reading way, way too many contradictions here.

And yes, 1970 was the first year for the blue info decal on the door, not 1969.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Does anyone have a pic of 73 TA
Door vin decal?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Old 01-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's one.
And, info...
http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=745313
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1973ConformanceDecal.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	444691  

Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've seen Dennis's work first hand and he does a nice job on the door jamb stickers..

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 01-11-2017, 11:05 PM
PY VIP

kirban update:

Appreciate the kind words Frank......just to clarify its not my work I am simply the agent that sends ECS all the proper info so its done correctly for the door stickers. Like I said before the huge market for us on a retail level is the turbo regals 1984-1987. As of yet I have not gotten any Pontiac companies on board some simply sell the blank ones...for like $25. Rather worthless because you the buyer can't imprint the correct info in the correct font style. It is like selling you the 2 gallons of paint to do your car its the right color paint but you probably lack the skill to apply it!

As for the 1989 VIN decals that GM used on all the body panels I got a cal in to Dave to see about pricing on that. I should know something tomorrow.

On the blue door VIN decals they were all a single decal. Very minor differences until they switched to the white ones which are on tamper proof paper.

I got every version on a board for when I do seminars which I have done in the past.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-11-2017, 11:11 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I'm reading way, way too many contradictions here.

And yes, 1970 was the first year for the blue info decal on the door, not 1969.
Again to clear things up yes 1970 is the first model year for GM (I made a mistake).....it happens however the decals reflect date of manufacturer month and year so the decal itself may show a 69 date on a early 1970 GM car...or truck.

As for contradictions: not sure what you mean ECS is the only company that can do all the info properly on door VIN decals. They have the equipment. Been doing it for many years mostly on late model vehicles. They do many other things but hold license agreements with many auto makers.

In other words they have the investment....I am simply the one agent they have to sell direct working with them. I also have lined up other GM suppliers as well.

A high dollar restoration you will want to have a correct looking door VIN decal(s) if your car does not have one or has one that is in poor condition or partially painted over when it was restored.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-12-2017, 12:07 AM
PY VIP

I need a favor:

I took pictures of all the reproduction VIN decals that I have mounted on a display board for seminars I conduct. What I need is someone reading this post to email me personally

I lack the skills to do this. On the turbo forum I am on I got one guy that does it all the time for me. This would be helpful for the readers of this post.

At home I have a Mac computer at work I have a PC and my computer skills are terrible. Fortunately my knowledge is greater at other things!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I have been following this thread, I emailed Dennis.

Here are his pictures (albeit slightly downsized), and his words verbatum:

Quote:
These two groups of photos is of my display board in the one photo you can see the copies along side the originals on my prestine original 1987 Turbo T.
New ones lack the patina age look.

Quote:
Here you see samples of all the white variations thru 1989 Some even varied in actual size depending on the year. The white ones are all on tamper proof paper which matches the originals.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 01-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Thank you

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTOP350 View Post
I need to get pictures of all my decals b4 they are completely unreadable.
Do they also do body panel VIN decals? Think they started in 89, there are 10 on each of my 89-92 cars.
kirban update I talked to Dave today owner of ECS Automotive Concepts. These decals are known as anti theft decals that was the concept originally. I remember seeing them on the turbo trans ams in 1989. Seems GM does not use them of late whereas other car companies BMW etc Honda etc still do or at least uses them over the last dozen or so years,.

He said he can do them you need to contact them directly. He needs a photo of an exiting one to match it in his files etc. Their number is 636-536-2221 or email is sales@ecsautomotive.com tell them I gave you the info. I do not know what they charge for this decal.

It's best to get them because it raises a red flag if its not there as potential buyers think the panel or fender has been replaced. AT least that would be my thoughts.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Old 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Website only shows through 1972 or am I missing something?
How do you determine vehicle weights if the original is missing? PHS?