Old 09-14-2020, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDirtRoad View Post
Yep Karl you know the deal. With The exception of us Pontiac purists on this site, most donít know the overspray on the firewall is the correct way.
I just donít want to have to explain that to others that look at my car thinking the overspray on the firewall was a sub par restoration.
LOL......you must hang around with a tough crowd....I sure hope you have the correct # of spot welds on the lower 1/4 panels...rear of wheel ....or they will call you out...😁

Old 09-14-2020, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I notice that you're also doing the fender extension panels in body color. Debates that I've followed show that to be a Pontiac plant trait. Baltimore cars that I've done and the one I own, along with a Kansas car I owned were black.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I notice that you're also doing the fender extension panels in body color. Debates that I've followed show that to be a Pontiac plant trait. Baltimore cars that I've done and the one I own, along with a Kansas car I owned were black.
Steve....you mean the inner fender ...when you say fender extensions? Yah know where the hood bumpers attach. Can you post a pic ? Thanks

Old 09-15-2020, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I THINK...pretty sure.... he's talking about the piece that fills the space between the front bumper and the fender right below the headlight.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default FWIW...

As mentioned it is one of those topics that has been repeatetly talked about,
But is a known detail that had variations.

For me, Body Color would be the catalyst for my decision.
I don't think a light color looks right with black ext. But's that's just me.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FENDER EXT 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	549606   Click image for larger version

Name:	67 FILLER 1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	549607   Click image for larger version

Name:	67 ON THE LINE (HEADLIGHT FILLERS).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	549608  

Old 09-15-2020, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I THINK...pretty sure.... he's talking about the piece that fills the space between the front bumper and the fender right below the headlight.

Got it ..thanks

Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When my car was painted those pieces were done in body color(Regimental Red). I repainted them black. I've seen the debate on this topic and don't know how my (Fremont built) car came from the factory but the black looks right to me. It seems to make sense that those pieces would match the grille surround.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtospieg View Post
When my car was painted those pieces were done in body color(Regimental Red). I repainted them black. I've seen the debate on this topic and don't know how my (Fremont built) car came from the factory but the black looks right to me. It seems to make sense that those pieces would match the grille surround.
I agree....mine is Monteago Cream....and I painted the extensions to match the grill surround too.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post

Yes Greg, you nailed it.