THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default IN MEMORY OF STEVEN DANIEL HOOG

well this week and last week has really sucked for me. after getting the news of steve being put on hospice I got a call and my uncle lost his battle with cancer and then two days later I got the call about steve passing early sunday morning. so I had to attend two funerals this week.
today we had steves services. it has been raining unbelievably hard all week and today it was absolutely beautifully sunny. the service was nice. steves older son and daughter stood up and gave a testimony and did a great job. felix jones previoulsly of the dallas cowboys dad came and gave a talk about steve. had a video that steve made that was about 10 minutes long talking to friends and family. that made it seem totally unreal that steve was gone even though you could see him laying in the casket. however it was gut wrenching to me watching his wife and younger children sob thru it. it was a pretty long service. counting the service and the burial it was over two hours but I really didn't want to leave. matter of fact it finally came down to his mom, his brother and his family, another good friend of ours and my wife and I before we finally left him. (that's always a really hard thing to do for me at least).
just want to say that I lost one of my long time best friends in the world. there will always be a major void in my life while still here on this earth without him.
I do count myself very fortunate to have had all the many years of his friendship. I don't think my car collecting hobby will ever be the same as steve was always one of my closest buddies to enjoy that with. matter of fact I stopped by one of the locations that I store my cars at yesterday and the last time I was there, steve and I stopped by and hung out just a couple of weeks ago. but I just kind of looked around and left feeling really empty.
this picture is of his memorial and it was taken on top of the mountain bluff out behind his moms house. this was probably his favorite place in the world to go. you can see for as far as your eyes will allow.
so long for now buddy im sure I will see you again one day. but until then I will miss your friendship everyday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steve hoog memorial.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	400886  

Old 06-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

im sorry you lost your friend....i know exactly how you feel..i lost someone like that in Dec..and its still hard everyday....

but finally..the good times/memories are starting to come back...and they will for you...

ive learned in my life..when one goes away..a new friendship always pops up....ya just have to see it when its there..

the emptiness goes away..it takes a little time..stay busy..it helps

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 06-19-2015, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MC.... remember him every day, as he'll be there looking over your shoulder. Death isn't the end, it's just a new beginning. And one we'll all face someday. Hopefully Steve can now a better after life without the pain and suffering.

I was real close to my grand dad, my mom's dad, and every once in a while I can feel his presence. Same with grandma too. I know they're out there, I can feel them but I just can't see them.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
well this week and last week has really sucked for me. after getting the news of steve being put on hospice I got a call and my uncle lost his battle with cancer and then two days later I got the call about steve passing early sunday morning. so I had to attend two funerals this week.
today we had steves services. it has been raining unbelievably hard all week and today it was absolutely beautifully sunny. the service was nice. steves older son and daughter stood up and gave a testimony and did a great job. felix jones previoulsly of the dallas cowboys dad came and gave a talk about steve. had a video that steve made that was about 10 minutes long talking to friends and family. that made it seem totally unreal that steve was gone even though you could see him laying in the casket. however it was gut wrenching to me watching his wife and younger children sob thru it. it was a pretty long service. counting the service and the burial it was over two hours but I really didn't want to leave. matter of fact it finally came down to his mom, his brother and his family, another good friend of ours and my wife and I before we finally left him. (that's always a really hard thing to do for me at least).
just want to say that I lost one of my long time best friends in the world. there will always be a major void in my life while still here on this earth without him.
I do count myself very fortunate to have had all the many years of his friendship. I don't think my car collecting hobby will ever be the same as steve was always one of my closest buddies to enjoy that with. matter of fact I stopped by one of the locations that I store my cars at yesterday and the last time I was there, steve and I stopped by and hung out just a couple of weeks ago. but I just kind of looked around and left feeling really empty.
this picture is of his memorial and it was taken on top of the mountain bluff out behind his moms house. this was probably his favorite place in the world to go. you can see for as far as your eyes will allow.
so long for now buddy im sure I will see you again one day. but until then I will miss your friendship everyday.
Your words here are beautiful. Im very sorry that Steve is gone and the pain that his family and close friends must endure. I have very few good friends. I cant imagine what would happen if I lost one of them. My heart go out to you.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So sorry Gary. Honor his memory not by regretting his loss but by celebrating his life.

Go out today & leave some marks!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tender caring words. Part of him is in everyone he touched, carry on the best he had to offer be well Gary... take care

Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 AM

Just thought I would share this. I only met Steve once just last month at Tulsa Pontiac Nationals. I knew who he was from seeing various posts on here from him. I knew he would be there and when I recognized him, I introduced myself. All I can say is, if I am ever in a situation like his, I only hope I can be so lighthearted and happy. I am glad I met him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	401118  

Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 PM
PY VIP

A very nice, heartfelt tribute- well done...

Founding Editor-in-Chief, Poncho Perfection Magazine (October 1, 2015- present)
www.ponchoperfection.com
Contributing Editor: Collectible Automobile (1999- present)

Author:
"Grand Prix: Pontiac's Luxury Performance Car" (Released April 27, 2007)
"How to Restore Your Pontiac GTO" (Released July 15, 2012)
"Pontiac Concept and Show Cars, 1939-1980" (Release Date April, 2016)

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
Old 06-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I know theres no words and we miss our friends alot , our fond memories is our gift from God and soon we will all be reunited to fellowship again: GOD BLESS.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 PM

Just got back from vacation and read of this sad news.
Steve had a great sense of humor and wit. I enjoyed reading his posts. His humble attitude of persevering through the pain and illness he suffered is a true testament to the man that he was.
Prayers for his family and friends.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I just found this,

I know Steve got more life than the Dr's thought, but its never long enough. He made the most of what he had, lived life to its fullest.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

R.I.P. Steve

Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

R.I.P. Steve

Old 06-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Always enjoyed his posts and his positive attitude during his battle Godspeed

Old 06-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I only enjoyed his posts, but I know Steve will be greatly missed. He seemed like such a great guy. I hate that I never met him. I loved the posts of his wife performing some car repairs/maintenance. That was so clever.

My closest friend (since the 5th grade) passed two years ago so I understand. He had been a diabetic since the 8th grade.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:01 PM

So sorry to hear. Seemed to be a pretty cool guy!

Old 07-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOMazz View Post
So sorry to hear. Seemed to be a pretty cool guy!
He was a cool guy.

Owned a 69 GTO

Collected Hotwheels

Gun owner and sharp shooter

Swilled beer as in drink, drank, drunk

Great attitude no matter how bad a situation he was in!!!

I will think of Hoog when smokin the hoops on my 69 GTO