Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Damaged junk 8 lug

WTB I'm looking for an 8 lug center drum (any year) & 8 lug steel rim, for a decorative art project. Front or rear, doesn't matter, perefer damaged junk. at low cost. as it won't be functional on a vehicle. Drum surface out of spec or damage is ok. Rim edge bent or real rusty, OK! I Would like the parts that you normally see when mounted on a car, to look good or, could be cleaned up & detailed. Lug nuts or center cap a plus but not necessary. If you're close to Tampa Fl. even better!

Old 10-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Suspended

I think I still have the one I used to mount tires on wheels with. It'll be rough but if I still have it, you can have it for the cost of shipping. PM me if interested.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Interested, PM Sent!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Junk 8 lug

WTB I'm looking for an 8 lug center drum (prefer the later long rib style) & 8 lug steel rim, for a decorative art project. Front or rear, doesn't matter, one that is out of spec that would need to be relined or damaged is OK, as it won't be functional on a vehicle. Rim edge bent or real rusty, OK! I Would like the parts that you normally see when mounted on a car, to look good or, could be cleaned up & detailed. Lug nuts or center cap a plus but not necessary. If you're close to Tampa Fl. even better!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you willing to share what it's for?

Your request prompted me to do some thinking and inspired me to perhaps do a clock - with the 8 lug as the face and hands that emulate the hands on the clock in the dash of my '63. I think that would be a cool piece of art for the garage.

My neighbor might have a wheel or two that would fit the bill.

K

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1114111638.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	496729   Click image for larger version

Name:	1114111640.jpg
Views:	1065
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	496730  

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 09-24-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Keith, funny you mentioned clock, as years ago at a used wheel cover dealer I found a 1967 Corvette bolt on wheel cover, and bought it for a small amount. When I got it home I saw that a small part of the di-cast mounting area was broken off. So, I made it into a garage clock.
But to answer your question, I always loved the look of the 8 lug Pontiac wheel and wished it had been available on the GTO.
In addition to a wall clock or other type of tribute to the Pontiac 8 lug wheel, it could be used as a front over my air hose reel, or be incorporate with my old Judge spoiler, or hood tach. The possibilities are endless! But, I guess I'd just like to own one as kind of a Pontiac collectable item. Regardless of the condition.