Old 08-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Default Roll Master Timing Chains

Good afternoon. Have run Roll Master timing chains for years with great results. Freshening my 738 HP combo that see’s quit a bit of street duty. I was at builders the week after disassembly and chain was in really bad shape. Combo has maybe 30 passes 1/4-1/8 passes and maybe 500 miles.
Any feed back or has anyone else experienced this issue? Builder is thinking harmonics? We will be replacing dampener with a ATI aluminum and bearing look like new but for a little dirt scratch in #4 main bearing.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If there was a harmonic balance issue, IMO, ATI is the best unit available. I like the aluminum shell as well. Rollmaster and Cloyes both use IWIS sourced chains. The strongest chain IWIS produces for the Pontiac engine is the "Z" series chain and is an exclusive to Cloyes. I like the 9 keyway Z chain, Cloyes billet set.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cloyes for me..

Make sure you straight edge the top and bottom gear for alinement .