Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2019, 11:21 AM

Default 1968 Firebird Printed Circuit Bulb

Replacing the printed circuit on my 68 Firebird convertible...….generator light is very dimly lit while running and I was told that the printed circuit is probably the problem. Anyway, I took the dash/circuit out and the bulb holder (see attached) in the upper left position of the attached picture is not like the others. Best I can tell, it should have a hot wire running to it.....I would guess from the lighting circuit so it can be on, off, dimmed; however, the nearby wire that is not attached is hot at all times when the key is on. This wire is yellow. I have not been able to determine what the wire goes to. Anyone know if it is the wire that goes to the "different" bulb holder or where it is supposed to go? Am I correct that the "different" bulb holder should have a hot wire and be controlled by the lighting circuit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_110848.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	521048   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_102640.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	521049