Old 09-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default SPC upper a arms

Anyone of you guys have these on your 66/67 should be close, the problem im having is it looks like the arms are going to hit the brake lines......Jason from the board thought my lines are different than stock...........ive had the car 20 some years and this is how they always looked. lol

Jason is getting me a pic from his wifes chevelle...........was wondering if anyone with these arms on there car could also post a pic of the brake lines. Would i just need to move that clilp down some and try to bend the line with it...........doesnt look like i have much room to move it, maybe a 1/2 inch then the metal starts to bend. Oh boy, another mess i got into.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPC brake line (1).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	549806   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPC brake line (2).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	549807   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPC brake line (3).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	549808   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPC brake line (4).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	549809  

Old 09-17-2020, 09:27 PM

Hey Rich

A couple pictures of mine at ride height. And when they are at full droop the arms do not crush the lines. I’d think if a couple of the spacers were used with the ball joint it wouldn’t touch at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The SPC upper control arms probably aren't too terribly different than other tubular upper control arms in terms of brake line fitment. And I also don't think your brake lines are the same ones it left the factory with. So with all that said, here are some photos showing how I fitted the brake lines on my '66 with tubular control arms. Since it's a bare frame in these photos, the suspension is at "full droop" and is on the rubber stops.

All you need to do is bend the lines just enough to not come into contact with the control arms when the suspension is at full droop. You hardly need any clearance to be safe, and you can probably work with the lines you've got. If not, get yourself some NiCopp brake line and redo them yourself with a tighter fit to the frame. The most important part is the 90-degree bend right at the junction point with the rubber hoses.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 09-19-2020 at 12:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeGermanHam For This Useful Post: