Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Question '55 Cheiftain trim question

I'm having a hard time finding trim for my '55 2 door Cheiftain but I did run across a guy that has full trim for a '55 Star Chief. I know the Star Cheif trim gets wide towards the vent windows and the Star's 1/4's are longer than the Cheiftains but will the trim fit my lowly Cheif? I imagine shortening the 1/4 panel spears would be a simple job but the door "hockey sticks" have me concerned. He is far enough away that I can't put the two together to see if it has the same contours.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had an extra set of rear spears from a hardtop, they were the same length as the ones on my 2dr sedan. 82 1/8" IIRC. I would think the doors would be the same length for either model 2dr, but measure just to be sure.

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 06-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Default update and a request

The update: I found a guy that had a full set of trim for a Starchief and the 1/4 moldings were 89" long. He also sold the set on E-pay for $450.00.

The request: I tried to open up the Master Catalog for exact part numbers here...http://www.pontiacsafari.com/ but it locks up on both my computers now. I opened it up before with no issues???? I'm looking to see if they are the same part number for 2 door sedan vs 2 door hardtop and if they are the same part number for Rt side to Lt side. the group # is 12-116. If someone could open it up for me it would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 AM

The length between a 2dr sedan and hardtop will be the same, excluding the Starchief.
Left and right side 1/4 spears are different, you'll need one of each. (there is a top and bottom to them.)

Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamb-curly View Post
I tried to open up the Master Catalog for exact part numbers here...http://www.pontiacsafari.com/ but it locks up on both my computers now. ... I'm looking to see if they are the same part number for 2 door sedan vs 2 door hardtop and if they are the same part number for Rt side to Lt side.
thanks
The relevant portion of group 12.116 is at www.pontiacsafari.com/temp.jpg I tried to attach the file to this message but got an "upload failed" message with any file I attempted to attach. I don't know what is going on with that?

Regarding the problem reading the MPC: If you are able to see the contents and diagrams in the MPC OK but computer has problems opening a parts listing, then you likely have a problem with Adobe Reader. I would suggest reinstalling Adobe reader. Contact me ("Email Author" in www.PontiacSafari.com) if that doesn't solve the problem and I'll try to help with it. I want to insure there is not something wrong with the web site.