Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 03-02-2020, 10:08 PM

Default 15th Annual BOPC show, May 16, 2020, West Chester, PA

15th Annual Spring BOPC Car Show
Presented by Delaware Valley Oldsmobile Club
All Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, & Cadillacs Welcome
Featuring National Hurst/Olds Day!
Scheduled to appear with display - Don Glover, former Hurst engineer

Saturday May 16, 2020
9:00 - 3:00 Fair weather only
West Goshen Community Park
900 Lawrence Dr, West Chester, PA 19380 (GPS ARC of Chester County)
Dash plaques, trophies, door prizes, food, and 50/50 raffle
Advance registration of $10 is due by 5/11/20, $15 day of show
(Pre-registration is non-refundable)
For up to date show information and show flyer go to:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/delvaloldsclub/
dvocinfo@yahoo.com

Old 03-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope to be there with my new ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5073.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	534063  

TOM
Old 03-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem1912 View Post
Hope to be there with my new ride.
'75
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5075 (2).jpg
Views:	222
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	534078  

TOM
Old 03-09-2020, 08:14 AM

Salem1912 - Awesome, Caddy looks great! Hope to see you at the show!

Old 03-09-2020, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will put this on the calendar. I was there last year but I think it was late summer. I see this says spring show so I only assume that they do it a couple of times a year. It was a pretty decent show but the Pontiacs were outnumbered by Olds. SO, a call out to all Pontiac guys to have a big showing this time around.

Salem, hope you can make it. There were even fewer Caddies there, yours will def. stand out. Great looking car and I can only imagine how smooth the ride is. I grew up with Caddies through my grandparents and have loved them since I was a kid. Starting in the late 40's my grandmother would get a new one every other year, whether or not she needed one! No coupes though.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 PM

TAKerry - Hope you can make it out ! Did you bring a car last year ?

We only do this BOPC show once a year, typically the Saturday of the weekend prior to Memorial Day weekend. This show is the successor of prior years when we used to host at the Granite Run Mall in Media, PA and back to the mid 2000's at Kahunaville in Wilmington, DE, when we co-hosted with the GTO Club of Delaware. That club and both of those locations are now all defunct As are our Pontiacs and Oldsmobile.

But the show tries to keep them alive. We definitely need more Pontiacs, Buicks and especially Cadillacs , so invite all your friends !

Here are some pics from last year:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDXco3qgecRtAmcF7

Old 03-10-2020, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

tva, yes I did have my car there, it was one of the black 77 trans ams, I convoyed up with Gary and his GTO. Hopefully he will make it again as well. I have also recruited a buddy of mine that lives in the West Chester area that just got his car back from a many years long restoration. I think he is planning on being there as well.
I would have bet money I went to this show in late summer, LOL. Then again the weather was SO HOT last summer I didn't go to many outings. Regretfully I cant remember the fellows name, but there was a guest there that worked for Hurst. He also was instrumental with Cars n Concepts (i have those tops on my car) and i learned a lot of info from him.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just saw your links to the pics, my car is 9 rows down to the right of the screen, just past Garys red GTO with flames.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

TVA- if i may make a suggestion, i dont recall any type of food vendor there last year, not that im a gluton, but we got there pretty early (before the gates were officially open) and i left shortly after lunch because i was still battling a bad cold. But that makes a long day without having a bite to eat, Hot dog or hamburger, maybe a pop or bottle of water. Most shows i go to have something handy to snack on.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:07 PM

TAKerry - I should have remembered your name, we did discuss your Trans Am , etc after last year's show
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=827779

Don from Hurst does plan to be there again and have his Hurst artifacts, pics and greats stories !

As for food vendors, we have had mixed results with them. Most don't want to do our show as were not large enough and we have many not even show up! Ice Line next door to the park does have a snack bar and a sit down restaurant, though it is a little walk. I will bring up your suggestion to the club though.
Tom

Last edited by tva442; 03-10-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a shame about vendors, but I suppose I see their point. I will bring a cooler with me this time. I usually take a dozen bottles of water or so for myself and if I see someone in need. Maybe a bag of chips and that will get me through the day, LOL. They had the same problem at the GTO show in Landisburg. A storm went through and the vendors packed up and left, it got stinking hot afterwards and there wasn't a bottle of water to be had!

Old 04-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IF this virus crap is over I'll be there too with the GTO.

Tom tell Bill Gale, if they won't have vendors, he's buying us lunch. LOL That place next door wasn't all that great.

I still like the Herr's Park show. I brought up the water deal with Vic last year. He said they WILL have bottled water the next time. And he wasn't happy the vendors left so early. Maybe that will change too.

Kerry bring a rain coat.. one for you and one for the TA.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gary, I hope this show still goes on, but right now I am having my doubts about anything until mid summer
I have already recruited a 'new guy'. Fellow from the area with his t/a fresh off a restore.
Who needs a raincoat? Good cleanout of the interior once a year never hurt anybody!! LOL

Old 04-17-2020, 07:35 AM

CANCELLED

Due to concerns and safety around coronavirus and many neighboring states having restrictions right up to our show as of now, we have decided to cancel. There will be no reschedule date.

Hurst/Olds Day, which was part of our show, was also already cancelled.

Hopefully we will see everyone in 2021.

Thank you and stay safe,
Tom
VP, Delaware Valley Oldsmobile Club

Old 04-17-2020, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the update Tom, not the news I wanted to hear but I am not surprised. I think it will take awhile before things start to resemble normal again.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:22 AM
Senior Chief

That's a shame. Was planning on coming down to this. Unfortunately, I think this entire summer is going to be a washout due to the virus.

1995 Formula Firehawk #592