Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72formula400
TH65, this may interest you. this is the order sheet for my 72, check out the dealer info.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pontiac/index-page15.html..
Looks like Midtown Chevy/Pontiac in NYC liked to order lots of options on their cars, the 70 TA I had in the early 90s also came from them and was nicely optioned.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Parted a 70 Judge, summer 1987. Parted it so fast, I hardly remember the car. Read Uncle Henry's paper, left work early Friday at lunch, hooked up trailer, went to Bangor Maine. Bought it for $1000 or less. Half of it came on on trailer, half in back of truck. Had apartment at that time and decided I had no where to put it after purchase so drove to dads in southern RI, arrived 3 AM.

Car was all disassembled and came with an extra frame that I did not take, so I assume the original was shot. What I remember of the car:
Green on green 70 Judge
drum brake
4 speed
eight track
the kickers....
factory 4.33 posi (do I know understand correctly that there were only 15 or 16 produced factory with that rear?)
supposedly RAIV (was gone)
What's the VIN alone worth as III or IV with 4.33?
BTW, all parts long gone.

Also
67 Firebird 400 4 speed
69 Firebird 400 TH400 Expresso Brown/Gold
66 Chevy Caprice 2 door hdtp factory 427 4 speed 12 bolt 3.31 posi headrests bench seat tach (my first car)
68 GTO A/C hideaway
64 Grand Prix 421-320 auto black with red interior power windows and vents (my second car)
66 Lemans (2)
65 Bonneville door hardtop
66 Catalina 4 door, low miles, clean car
many other 67-69 Firebirds
This is rust belt country, most were fairly rusted 20 years ago.

Now I work at a restoration shop reconstructing cars that are in probably worse shape than any car I parted!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:04 PM

Here's my ticket to hell...about 1981 I bought a 69 GTO , Liberty blue , black vinyl top , parchment , auto , a/c . I had a habit of walking up and offering to buy stuff that wasn't for sale . They told me the rear was ruined ; for $140 it was mine . It ran and the a/c worked ! As we towed it home with a chain , one axle and wheel came out and floated in a creek . I forget what it cost to have a towtruck take it from one end of my apartment bldg. to the other . Today we would rejoice at finding that car for 6 or 8 thousand and replacing the rearend . I sold the dual snorkle air cleaner , seats , hood and schnozz . The rest got , ummm , destroyed

Old 03-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I have "the one that got away(actualkly 2) " story to beat all. Back in 1990's, I can not recall the year ..I decided I was going to buy a 69 Trans am. I being a bit niave,well actually cetifiably dumb, thought I had found one of the convertables and quickly made a deal with a guy in northern NY STate for $25k for the car-a ton of money at that time. I went up there to buy it,paid a guy to meet me there to inspect the car(thank god I did) and turned out to be a clone that the guy was going to rip me off on. Thats the good part of the story.I didn't buy it. Now when I arrived back home I started looking desperatly for 69 Trans am's. I found two hardtops, one a 4 speed and one an automatic. One was in Nebraska and I think the other was in SE Colorado. Anyway, both were 100% there,drive train etc numbers matching, but both were complete basket cases needing complete retorations.They both even had the metal hoods! One was $12,000 and the other was something like $10,500. Yes being a certifiable dumbass,I passed on both.Thought both would have been too much work to bring back and thought the prices were crazy for a resto job. Then again, back then these were high prices for these cars., man what a long way they have come in 10-15 years.SO yes, we all have our wish I could of ,would of stories.. And man if I had only bought those two TA's and just put them under tarps in my rear yard.... ok I am depressed ....

Old 03-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hummmm,

If this thread is about cars WE WISH we had bought, my reply will be quite lengthy. (LOL)

Old 03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Found a blue on black 70 TA 4spd back in 97. Was sitting on the side of a used car lot in Apopka FL right on 441. Had about 12-15 other older cars there with it. Drive train & interior was gone but otherwise a solid car. Stripped most of the easy parts off it (front & rear lens/lights, misc bezels). Cost my Dad all of $40. Didn't think about the good stuff (fenders, JW's, 12 bolt posi, etc.). Body was SOLID & could have got the entire car for $150.... I went back a few years ago when I started to realize what that car really was. Yep, you guessed it. Now the place is a Starbucks......

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoggy81
Found a blue on black 70 TA 4spd back in 97. ... (I) could have got the entire car for $150...
Wow! - I guess they're alot more common in your area (then again I do see alot of early 2nd Gen Firebirds on eBay from Florida)...
I was elated to find my '70 Formula in '95 (I susiqently snapped it up, passing on the same owners othe 74-W66-L75/M40 ~ then powered by a small block)... it wasn't till a couple years later that I saw my first 70-72 TA...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)