Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
See, we can all get along
WE HAVE TO GET ALONG ITS A HOLIDAY AND RODNEY KING SAID SO

Old 01-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wrong King?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No, no, you got it wrong. It was Monk King and he said, "get the hell outta the way or I'll run you down like a dog."

Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
I owned a black 70 390 4 speed car...Black with shadow mask to be exact..rare car...no one wanted it...but me..they wanted big bad green or orange cars..red too...

My sonic silver 390 AMX sold way before the black..then my Green 69 390 4 speed sold before the back..and then..my burnt orange sold, before my black car...dont get it..black is cool..make them look like Hotwheels to me..

everyone always asked what year Cuda..lol...
Not sure how this turned into an AMC thread, but I just have to comment on the black 70 Shadow Mask car. Haven't seen one before, but must have been a beautiful car. What year did you sell it? Still have any AMCs or parts?

I had two Big Bad Green 69 AMX's; one was a 390 car w/Rally Pack, other was 290. Both 4 speeds. Super rare, but still not very expensive. Just have my 71 Javelin road race project now.

Scott

Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You sure it wasnt Elvis..THE KING....demanding fair and equal treatment to all peanut butter and nanna samiches?

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When i was over in Kentucky, i had a huge AMC business....i was right there in the middle of the strongest market AMC had..i just lucked into it...and it was huge..then i was transferred to KC..and promptly moved out of the supply..i brought 17 trucks and trailers full of parts and 8 AMC cars...ive only bought 2 Javelins since i've been here..and cant buy another..none around..took 5 years to sell all the AMC stuff..

Sold them all in 07-08 when it all crumbled..my real job that year, i made $6000.00 the whole year...a few people wanted some of my cars...and things where so bad, i convinced myself, there may not be another chance to sell them..it was that bad...all the AMC stuff went, and thankfully...i kept the Buicks and Pontiacs...just couldnt get rid of them...i did sell a couple GTOs and a 442..but they where ruff..so no big loss..but i did loose 1/2 of my lifes cars..including a coulpe firebird 400 converts, a chevelle convert..a Cuda, etc,,but it was a wake up call..and actually i got thru the crisis, and ended up with some really nice stuff.

Biggest regret was a 70 Donahue...i still have dreams about that car.

I have a little bit of 68-9 stuff and a 70 ram air hood..but thats about it on the AMC stuff..i gotta say, i loved the AMC business...and miss it a bunch

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are the final results for the 9 Carousel Red 1969 Judges that went through Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2014 :

Lot 779 $78,100 (Judge clone - Pro Touring)
Lot 821 $110,000
Lot 825 $77,000 (non-matching numbers)
Lot 852 $110,000
Lot 969 $60,500
Lot 994 $71,500
Lot 1044 $107,800
Lot 1608 $63,800 (non-matching numbers)
Lot 1654 $50,600 (non-matching numbers)

Average Price : $81,033

What's amazing :

ALL of these Judges were Carousel Red, the most common color.

NONE of these Judges were convertibles.

NONE of them were RAIV cars.

Just yer basic 1969 Judge hardtop, in yer basic Carousel Red paint, in varying degrees of quality and pedigree.

The one and only real 1969 Trans Am at this auction, a standard RAIII car with an automatic trans (the most common version by far) sold for $148,500.

The only SD-455 car at this auction, a 1974 model, auto trans, sold for $132,000.

I read a few threads on an Oldsmobile site, and some of their fans seem a little irked. There were two pristine, top quality, matching numbers 1971 W-30 442 Convertibles, which they seemed to think were going to sell for $200,000 or more, didn't break the $100,000 mark. There were 3 of their highly prized 1970 W-30 hardtops, perfectly restored, rock solid docs, matching numbers, sold for around what these standard RAIII 1969 Judges sold for!

Hey, what can we say, Pontiacs are just cooler.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just my opinion:

I have said this for years: A 4-speed ram air car with its original engine/transmission is pretty rare. Maybe the prices are showing that.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now you got the brown "Judge" on ebay up to 65k+ on 8 bids, see folks, a rising tide lifts all ships. Ships sink. A few weeks ago Judges like the ones at BJ were what., 60-70 grand tops. A Judge "sale' may be coming our way down the road. Bubbles never last forever, trees dont grow to the sky. Ill take mine in blue

Last edited by red1975pacer; 01-21-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Mike, for the detailed breakdown.

The theme was(Restored) 69 CR w 4 speed as far as Judges went.
The 71 Judge was only other one there.
No 70 Judges was that a coincidence?

I think that was by BJ design for knowing their crowd.

69 TA was by far the best one in correctness and quality as a comparison. Some those 100k Judges were not as complete and maybe the finishing pieces were still to come?

Can't explain that 74 SD TA as it was the one that stood out to me to be the biggest head scratcher for the final price....

Old 01-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1975pacer View Post
A few weeks ago Judges like the ones at BJ were what., 60-70 grand tops.
not even....

Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Can't explain that 74 SD TA as it was the one that stood out to me to be the biggest head scratcher for the final price....
Yes, I agree. For the past 5 years at Mecum, 1974 SD-455 Trans Am's haven't passed the $75K mark, and in fact in the past 2 years, have come down to around $40K-$50K for pristine, matching numbers examples.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNoun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe this was just an odd combination of the right buyers who made a killing last year in the market combined with type of car they desired.

May mean nothing going forward or may mean the start of the next bubble.

I’ll be the optimist and state it is the start of the next bubble. Mark my words - Everyone go invest in Pontiacs! Get out in a year or two and make a killing!!

For what it is worth – only owned one AMC in my life about 20 years ago.
A 1971 auto AMX – got it cheap, but broke out in hives the first time I drove the Kelvinator.

Pulled the AMC engine and put in a 400 Pontiac with a Turbo 400. After that it was like a moped, fun to drive just don’t let your friends see you.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not feeling anything about value or trends.
Just know by looking at those cars at BJ. They were restored to a level for buyers who will probably drive them.
That's just my opinion as none were trophy cars.

Probably the nicest one I saw...

The other thing I noticed was all had hood tachs too.

Last edited by Judge273; 01-21-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

An early analysis of the B-J Judges.
Auction mania continues. Today we present an analysis of 1969 GTO Judge prices from Barrett Jackson and discuss what's happening to prices compared to a year ago.
http://phscollectorcarworld.blogspot...g-barrett.html

Old 01-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just read phscollectors opinion on BJ Judges, and of course ill add a little more for wiw. Yea these cars will spike this spring. have one to sell? Nows the time {next year or so} Notice #107 post on this thread about how the OLDS guys were dissapointed that they cars were not the "chosen one " at this sale {after doing great last year] Yea Pontiacs will appreciate as the years go on, no question, but if ya need to sell, nows the time. Bubbles dont last forever.Ill take it one step futher. Base GTO's will benefit from the hype also

Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Senior Chief

Took in the auction, first time to the Arizona event, unbelievable....what a show!

Seemed strange that so many CR 69 Judges, with no 70's or convertibles. Couldn't take a picture without a CR judge in background. If BJackson does research on what the collectors are searching for, what is the push for 69 CR hardtops? The color? The icon? Or is it Pontiac's time again? That 61 Bonny got great money.

First thought was to get my 70 4sp on the next BJackson block, big sale, and go shopping, but if that year hasn't been 'researched' you could end up giving the car away.

I see only 20, 70 Judges incl 4 verts on the Bjackson archive page. In last weekends auction you would think a top drawer Orbit 70 Judge would have won big.

Great show for car lovers......

Old 01-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborehunter View Post
An early analysis of the B-J Judges.
Auction mania continues. Today we present an analysis of 1969 GTO Judge prices from Barrett Jackson and discuss what's happening to prices compared to a year ago.
http://phscollectorcarworld.blogspot...g-barrett.html
I just finished reading this blog also. Evidently he didn't actually attend the auction; he just made his analysis from the pictures and the posted prices. He keeps saying they sold for $x, when actually that posted amount included the buyers fee and was not the actual hammer price, so it is not a price to compare with. Also he mentioned one of the Judges being presented with Cragars when it actually went across the block with Rally II's.

As for the Olds guys crying, they've had two years now of record breaking prices. W-30 'verts from 150,000-200,000 and hardtops at 100-125,000. They were due for a little drop off. Is this BJ manipulating the market? Sure does seem like it doesn't it, but it doesn't seem like buyers would be that stupid. Let's see how the Mecum auction plays out this week. There are a few Judges, included a couple of IV cars, and a few early cars sprinkled here and there. I believe that will give us a better idea of where the Pontiac market is going.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

kelvintor...good one...

The Goat whisperer

Old 01-22-2014, 02:34 AM
Senior Chief

When you've got people with more money than brains playing the collector car market like Wall Street this is what happens. First quality prices for second quality cars.

Nate

1970 "Real" Judge RAIII 4-speed, Atoll Blue w/painted white top. Mild RAIV headed 400 motor in now.