The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 09-24-2001, 02:48 PM

Hi, I'm in need of a little advice. I have a 76 Trans Am with some nasty rust holes at the bottom of each quarter panel. Most of the damage is limited to the bottom 5 or 6 inches of the panel. I've purchased patch panels and have a wire-fee/MIG welder at my disposal. Is this something a novice could do? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2001, 02:48 PM

Hi, I'm in need of a little advice. I have a 76 Trans Am with some nasty rust holes at the bottom of each quarter panel. Most of the damage is limited to the bottom 5 or 6 inches of the panel. I've purchased patch panels and have a wire-fee/MIG welder at my disposal. Is this something a novice could do? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2001, 03:38 PM

TA

High Performance Magazine has had a running article for about the last year on body panel repair. There was about two issues on a quarter panel repair. I'm at work, so I don't have the issues at hand. Get ahold of these articles and read them and then you can decide if you are up to it or not. With careful work a novice can do a good job.

Ed

Old 09-28-2001, 02:22 PM

Thanks Ed, I'll see if I can track down that article.

Old 09-28-2001, 03:22 PM

TA, I let my fingers do the walking. That should have been High Performance PONTIAC magazine. I didn't even catch it when I proof read it before sending.

Ed