Old 12-27-2018, 12:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good call Goatless- no reason to go crazy depending on what the desired use of the car is

Old 12-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
My two cents...
I had a low mileage '73 Grand Am. It was a very nice car to drive. With yours being even lower mileage, I wouldn't mess around with too much. New tires and shocks (and going through the brakes) and that's about it. Being so low mileage it will still be nice and tight, like a new car. Start taking it apart to make "upgrades" and it will lose that original tightness.
Good point

Old 12-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Senior Chief

Yes the Ram Air exhaust manifolds fit as I used to have a set of them on my Can Am back in the day.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just getting some nice wheels and tires on there will make that car look fantastic.
I put a steering gear from this car into our '66 at the suggestion of another member because I wanted ease of installation. What a difference it made.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Got the car the day before yesterday. Overall, it looks nice. There are a few issues with the paint, as you would expect with a car of that age. The biggest problem was that the bucket seats are not OEM. They are made by Pro Car. They're nice, but they sit way too high and too far forward for my 6'5" frame. So I had my buddy that does my work come and get it and take it to his shop to see what he could do with modifying the seat brackets. His shop is 50 miles away and he said it drove like a dream. It also has the optional 4bbl carb. So hopefully he can work some magic with the seats. He's an outstanding fabricator.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like nice car. I have a 75 Sport Coupe also, with RTS of course. Mine is original and has 1-1/8" front and 3/4" rear sway bars. So, yours may have the same.

You could look around for some original buckets seats. 75-77 Pontiac 2 door a-body(including Grand Prix) will fit of course. Other 75-77 GM a-body will fit too, but might not have the high seat back like the Pontiacs.

Even the 75-77 a-body 60/40 split bench seats fit. They have a center fold-down armrest. And often found with power on the driver side. They're my personal favorite, but more trouble since you have to remove the console and convert to a column shift steering column.