The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 11-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Although I prefer SS solid colors ... is it just me, or do I remember just a tad too much humidity making things a mess?
Humidity was your friend when spraying acrylic enamel....nice flow and the damp conditions kept the dust down. ...on the other hand with lacquer....if it was too humid...we would wait for a drier day. The only way to combat (Blushing...white haze) was to add some retarder thinner to slow the drying down....but that stuff pulled out every scratch . ...no winning...

Old 11-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, must have been the Lacquer I was thinking of ... humidity made it look milky.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:58 PM
Senior Chief

Has anyone every tried spraying acrylic enamel to look like lacquer? I've never done it but I know some of the corvette guys in the NCRS have had it done. It seems to be a secret with them though but no one seem to be able to say how it's done. I seem to remember one part of the method was to double the amount of reducer to have it thin like lacquer but I have no idea what they were using for spray techniques....