Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Default 4th-Gen Firebirds...

I am looking for a nice original 4th-generation LT-1 Firebird convertible for a fair price, and since there are so many collectors here -- and so many Pontiac collectors seem to be buying up the best survivors of these cars --- I thought maybe someone here might be able to point me to a good, popular, Pontiac-collectors web-site that may list such cars for sale (other than here, LS-1.com, or Camaro Z28.com, which I already know about); or perhaps you have a friend who may be in the mood to sell one soon.

Is POCI worth joining to find one of these cars...?

I'm posting this thread here in the "helping" section rather than "wanted" since I am assuming members may have advice rather than actual cars for sale.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are several 4 th gen sites out there but LS1.com is largest.
I have 2 4th gen converts.
any reason you want an LT-1?
I like the looks of the early non TA ones myself vs the LS but that LS is one he(( of a motor.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 AM

Sorry for the long delay to this, Cammer -- I had lost my password and work has kept me away...

Yes, I also prefer the earlier-style 4th-gen, especially in the WS-6 version, although I am sure that the LS-1 is superior. In addition, I am less of a Trans Am (ground effects) guy. I also value the rarity of the early cars, and now regret that I passed on both an extremely-rarely-colored Formula convertible and, more recently, a black, 1997, original-owner, 45,000-original-mile Trans Am WS-6 convertible for just $9,500.

I'm still hopeful, however, that something will show up in my price range. I am in the process of selling a current collector car for $11,000 or so... unfortunately, in this economy, a working-guy like me is going to have to put some of that away for a rainy day....

Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Ive got a 94 trans am that needs alot of work but has a Monster LT1 in it if you are intrested.
Rob

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 AM

Thanks 007, but I think I'll still hold out for a Formula convertible. They still show up from time to time... just gotta grab 'em fast before they wind up in the bowels of a POCI member's collection!