Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow looking at that tomb pic makes you feel like a fat kid in a candy store "drool"

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Actually most have been sitting for 29 years. I did a count of the cars this weekend and it is 30 total GTOs and 1970 Cougar convert.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish you the best of luck with the sales.......lots of good advice from many that have been there and done that. Start with the one closest to the door...........one or two at a time should keep you very busy. Selling 3-4 cars a month will be hard work!! Lots of returning calls, all kinds of questions and sending pics ect takes a toll. PS I would love a 66' rag top trips & stick, any color. <;~).....Dave K.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrat1 View Post
Wish you the best of luck with the sales.......lots of good advice from many that have been there and done that. Start with the one closest to the door...........one or two at a time should keep you very busy. Selling 3-4 cars a month will be hard work!! Lots of returning calls, all kinds of questions and sending pics ect takes a toll. PS I would love a 66' rag top trips & stick, any color. <;~).....Dave K.
Ya - better start pulling all the numbers off the blocks, heads, trans, etc, - 'cause Pontiac guys are gonna ask!

Best wishes for the sales -

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Man...30 Goats in one building? I hope the mice only munched on the Cougar for the last couple decades! I've heard that mice hate the smell of Irish Spring soap which is easier to take than the odor of moth balls! Were most of these running when bought? I'd love to see one outdoor group shot before the herd gets thinned! Good Luck!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is incredible! Thanks for sharing that picture, you know we all love pictures here.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My god, talk about barn finds. Good luck selling them!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Senior Chief

You may do better to sell NONE of them. Try this.....

>Go get some large plywood boards....5 or 10

>Find the closest heavily trafficked highway

>Go home.

>Get out your paint gun or find a good friend with experience in sign painting

>Start making your signs....

First one - AMAZING!!!!!

Second one - YOU ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!!

Third sign - YOU AREN'T GOING TO WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

Fourth sign - AMAZING COLLECTION - KEEP DRIVING FOR MORE INFO!!!!

Fifth sign - WORLD'S LARGEST UNRESTORED......

Sixth sign - ....Geeeee Teeee OHHHHHHHH COLLECTION!!!!

Seventh sign - TIGERS CAVE 2 MILES AHEAD!!! - STOP AND BE AMAZED!!!

....and on and on until they get to your turnoff.

THEN----SELL TICKETS TO SEE THIS COOL COLLECTION. You won't need to do a thing...no washing.... no inventorying. Just sit there and set up a table and sell tickets. You could even have a pile of red rags at the door and all the visitors will want to wipe off the windows, etc to get a closer look. Before you know it, you'll still have 30 cars + 1 and they'll be pretty clean.

Enough visitors and you can keep your cars and pay someone to restore them as you rake in the $$.

Each time a car leaves for resto you can change the signs.....maybe add one that says "ONLY 29 (etc) LEFT!!!!!" (change periodically as you work down the collection).

If you need help PM me and I'll come up and help you scout out good sign locations and I'll bring the folding ticket table.

Good luck with the massive collection....cool to see things like this still pop up.

64-72 GM A-Body Gas Tank Pads
http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/...tion-item.html
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 AM

Greetings all, newby to the forum here, not to goats. been lurking for a few months since I got my goat out of storage and started working on it.
I have to comment on the "30" goats that have been stored , WOW !! You and your dad should receive a medal or something for keeping these cars safe all these years. Mine has been in storage since late 1985, and I know what it needs just to make it roadworthy. Judging by the pic they all look dry and safe, little dusty,some bird poop, but ... to be expected.
I think you will prolly reach your goal, moneywise, and still have enough to restore a couple..trouble is..which ones? tough choice.
Not to be a smarta-s .. 30 into 185000 comes to roughly 6000 and some change,, ummm check is in the mail just send me one of em... they all look good from here, and cannot need any more work than the one I own now.
Good luck with this project . I know just from reading here , these are a great bunch of guys and will help you in any way . nuf said Jim

Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

P GLADE, Thats funny you say to sell tickets to see the cars because my wife said the same thing last week. I was in Myrtle Beach last week and we went to a car museum called Wheels of Yesteryear and he did just that. He put all 50 of his unrestored beat up cars on display and we paid $10 each to get in. Cars have been there for 15 years.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WOW what a picture.. I couldnt hit the lotto and be so fortunate .. 1 way to make $'s sell burial plots under that garage.. I'll take 1

Old 09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"I thought I saw a Puddy Tat.... I did!! I did!!!!"

Man... that's what you call 'GTO Heaven'. I'll trade my wife, 2 dogs. and 2 cats for the one in the worst shape out of them all.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If that shot doesn't inspire emotion in a GTO enthusiast, I don't know what will! It reminds me of when I was a kid and would line up my Hot Wheels in a shoe box garage and fantasize about how cool it would be to have something like that for real. For some reason I had a different picture in mind when the situation was described initially.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
"I thought I saw a Puddy Tat.... I did!! I did!!!!"

Man... that's what you call 'GTO Heaven'. I'll trade my wife, 2 dogs. and 2 cats for the one in the worst shape out of them all.
And maybe she would trade you for one of the spare tires.

I agree with the burial plots under the building

Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys are such romantics (even if your wife says you aren't).

Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awe come on Cammer..... tell me the same kind of thought didn't enter yer mind. LOL

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 PM

When I approached the best body man in my home town to restore my wifes 72 Lemans Convertible, (which is in perfectly good condition to restore) he didnt want to take on the project. He is trying to retire, and was more than reluctant to take on the car that she loves so much.
When he called the next day and said he would do it, I asked him what swayed him...
He had said that for the amount of money it would take to restore hers, we could buy one in better condition or already restored. (right?)
My counter to that was "But instead of buying someone else's project we will be adding one more to an already dwindling population, on top of the fact that we are all orphans now."
That is what nudged him over the edge to take the job.

I share this because looking at the photo of all those cars, fills me with the hope that there will be that many more of us on the road some day soon, and the legacy of Pontiac will not go so softly into that good night.

..... yeah Ok ..... romantic.
Got it.

Owning a Tempest means never having to prove it isn't a clone....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388784...ontiac-tempest

My 66 Stepside Rescue...
http://www.cardomain.com/user/RideEd...age_id=3938455

"Truth, Courage, Loyalty... These are the pillars of Honor"
Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mc Murphy I share your hopes as well. I would love to think keeping these cars all these years protected them from being trashed or modified. When purchased in the 80s the muscle car world was not what it is today and pulling out a original 389 and putting a 350 chevy motor was common. Now these cars have a chance to be put back to their former glory. Long live the GTO!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t5gto View Post
Mc Murphy I share your hopes as well. I would love to think keeping these cars all these years protected them from being trashed or modified. When purchased in the 80s the muscle car world was not what it is today and pulling out a original 389 and putting a 350 chevy motor was common. Now these cars have a chance to be put back to their former glory. Long live the GTO!
Now yer gonna make me cry. Only because I can't afford another one. And believe me, if I could, I'd buy one faster than anyone could phart. Just to put it back on the road in stock condition. As in UNmodified, original paint color, and no flames either.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM

Hold on now... I got my lottory ticket!!! I'll call ya in the mornin if'n I wins...

2007 HD FLHT.
Closed Thread