Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 AM

Wondering if anyone can help me? A friend of mine bought a 71 ventura and needs to know where all the wires go. The car had been sitting for quite some time body is perfect no engine will be a real hot car.

Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 AM

Wondering if anyone can help me? A friend of mine bought a 71 ventura and needs to know where all the wires go. The car had been sitting for quite some time body is perfect no engine will be a real hot car.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For some reason I remember some of the 71-72's came with 307 SB's in them. if thats the case, you could pretty much go off of a wiring diagram for the same year(s) Nova. If it had a pontiac motor in it (probably a 350) the harness will be the opposite of the Nova's. IE. the starter is on the right side of the block with a SB compared to the left side with a pontiac motor.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:33 PM

THE HARDEST PART ABOUT OUR CARS IS THE PARTS . THEY ARE SO MUCH LIKE NOVA'S ALOT OF THE PARTS ARE THE SAME. EVEN THE WIRING HARNESS. NOW IF YOU ARE OPEN TO TRY YOU MIGHT TRY A NOVA DIAGRAM. OF CORSE THERE WILL BE SOME DIFFERENCES BUT MOST WILL BE THE SAME.

Old 02-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Suspended

If you joined POCI you could use their technical library and get what you need. There are also several books of diagrams but they are oversize, so they don't fit on the usual scanner. For 71 ventura, you need to find out which motor you have. Then maybe we can help.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:02 PM

The 1971 Pontiac Service Manual is the book you need to get. You can find them on Vintage Automobile Book websites and sometimes on eBay. Expect to spend $25-$35 for one in good shape. If you plan to work on the car yourself, it will prove invaluable. Most have full color large fold out wiring diagrams for the entire car and all possible engine/option combinations. I just looked under "ventura manual" and found 2 on eBay right now.

Old 04-02-2003, 09:09 PM

74GOATBOY is right . The best source for wiring diagrams is a factory service manual - I picked one up for the 74 model year at an MSRA " Back to the Fifties " car show a couple of years ago and then took out the wiring diagrams for my Ventura/GTO and had it laminated to keep it safe forever. At that time it ran me $30, but it is worth a million to me in saved headaches.