Old 10-18-2019, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Could someone please ID these floor mats ?

I'm a first gen guy so bear with me. I'm pretty sure those are late 70s TA floormats but were these from the factory or aftermarket ? Are these desireable or have any value to them ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tamats.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	522390  

Old 10-18-2019, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aftermarket. I suppose theres a buyer for anything so yes, they may have value.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, aftermarket, available from mid 70's into the 80's. I used to have a blue set that were bought in the early 80's, and came with a 79 TA that I bought. They were in the trunk and never used, so were like new. I sold them for about $60 a couple years ago.

Those red ones look pretty worn, so they aren't worth much, if anything in my opinion. Someone might give $30 or $40, if lucky. But, they are available in reproduction, so you can get brand new ones for around $115. Classic Industries is one place that has them.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok thanks guys

Old 10-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Suspended

For originals, those are fairly good. A shampoo of the carpet sections and a light spray of the rubber with protectant and they'd be like new. Plenty still like them because they had a set 30 years ago or think they are original. Naturally, your market is for a someone with a red interior. I think yours have a better colour than the new mixture of red and brown.

Clean them up and sell, they aren't cheap. The German font and logo style is based largely on 76-77 SE but that doesn't stop them being used in all years. We see that on existing mats and mudflaps. Does my head in if not at least correct era!

https://www.classicindustries.com/pr...ts/f74002.html