Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 02-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Installing new foam in rear seat

Before I bought my 66 Lemans someone put new covers over the old seat padding. I've never done this before but can I install new foam and whatever filler then reinstall the vinyl covers? If so, what type and size foam would be needed?

Maybe someone know of an online sight or U-tube site with instructions for recovering the seat.

Last edited by arbys; 02-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont have access to Youtube from work, but do a search. There is a video from PUI IIRC, they show how to use foam to fill the rear seat.

Something like; recover rear seat, rear seat foam..

Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've checked a few of those out and not so much a video on how to do it as it is how to buy it. I basically want to relace the old cotton batting and burlap with some foam and other new material under the relatively new vinyl covers that someone installed. It would have been nice if the yhad used the new material.