Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default Pontiac 350 4-bolt main .040 notched for Edelbrock Heads 2.11/1.66

As the title says,

I have a 350 block that I had built for my 69 Firebird Conv.

I had it converted to a 4-bolt main with ARP studs. They are NOT splayed.

I notched the cylinders to clear the 2.11 & 1.66 valves on my Edelbrock 72cc Round port heads.

This block has been sitting for a long time unused. Unfortunately when I took the heads off, I thought the hood on the car would be sufficient in keeping mother nature at bay... surface rust has set in on the exposed cylinders, although I know it can be cleaned up, just not sure if they will clean up with just a hone need to be bored to the next available size. With that said, everything on the oil side looks great....

The build has approximately 8,000 miles on it. It did run great when I took the car off the road for some quick modifications... 10 years later, I'm finally working on it again... worst thing I did was take it off the road when I did.

This set up on my peg leg bird ran 13.5@108 with lots of one wheel wonder going on. Top end pulled nice once it did stop spinning.

If I where to rebuild it, I would do a +.060, 400 Armasteel Crank, light weight pistons and rods and run boost. Should make for a very street friendly set up with a completely unreasonable amount of power.

It comes with a used M54D pump w pickup, factory windage tray and Milodon Oil Pan.

Of course I would also run a set of large valve heads.

I would like 900.00 Plus crate, straps and freight. Basically that covers the 4-bolt main caps and installation...

Just bore the block and add a rebuild kit and you are on the road raising hell with a bullet proof 350 that can accept larger valve heads!!!

if you want more pics please feel free to ask.

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains front 2.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	521074   Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains crank.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	521075   Click image for larger version

Name:	350 4-bolt mains Pistons deck 2.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	521076  

Old 09-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Senior Chief

Willing to consider "Best Offers" (within reason) as well.

This would make a great option for a 4.0" stroker kit with (.060+) 3.935 pistons... turning the 350 into a (389/6.4L)... It already has the 4 bolt mains and can accept the larger big valve heads. Add a good roller cam and spin that bad boy to 6500-7000 RPMs and it will stand with some of the much larger engines without a problem.

Just tossing some ideas around...

I built this engine back in 1997 at the "auto hobby" while stationed in Aviano Italy... I didn't have many options due to the time and location... I made the most of what I had. I believe my 350 was the first to ever shoe horn a set of EDL 72cc round port heads on it... I purchased the heads from RRE who later copied my build and started to offer the option... (I never did get credit for the idea...LOL) here is an article of the 350 he built that was covered by Hot Rod Mag - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/672hp-pontiac-350s/

Long story short, as it sits now, it was a very fun and powerful street car and was more than able to hold its own with ease. (Its won more street races than lost.)

So dont let anyone scare you from going with a 350... its a great street engine and there are more options today than ever before.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Last edited by AIR RAM; 09-29-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Senior Chief

I knew this would be a tough sell... LOL

I really dont want to toss the block however, I am willing to break it up.

Willing to sell the 4-bolt mains with ARP studs separate for $350.00

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Senior Chief

BTTT

Recap

Selling:
- Pontiac 350 block
- Program engineering 4-bolt mains (NON SPLAYED)
- Notched to clear big valve heads such as EDL round ports 2.11 Intake / 1.66 Exhaust.

Will include with the sale:
- M54D oil pump with Pick up & Drive shaft.
- Milodon Oil Pan
- Factory Windage Tray.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Senior Chief

Will deliver within the MIAMI (South Florida) area...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 12-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Senior Chief

BUMP.

Back to the Top...

Still have the block and 4bolt mains. Will be willing to break them apart and sell the mains separate.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to p4msi1

Too bad you are in Fl, I would buy your set up but I'm in Va.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4msi1 View Post
Too bad you are in Fl, I would buy your set up but I'm in Va.
Shipping would most likely be between 150-250 bucks... At least that's what it was the last time I had a block shipped to me.

SPEED SAFE, NICK