Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question 65 Headliners

I have heard from two seperate people that the 65 GTO headliners were all silver from the factory. Is this statement true at all? I have two later production 65 GTOs (05A and 06C build dates) and they both are black interior cars with black headliners.

If the silver headliner deal is partially true, when was the cutoff date for getting a silver headliner?

or is this false info?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think it's false. My headliner in my parchment interior was white. Not sure on a black interior though.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My car is an early September Pontiac plant build, black exterior and interior, and has what I would call a light blue headliner.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

I'm going to say no to that .there is still a 65 here I bought from the original owner at least 35 years ago black bucket interior auto on the column and still has what's left of the original black head liner.The 65 post tempest here had a white head liner gold interior and the 65 lemans 4 dr had a burgundy head liner burgundy interior.65 hdt dark blue interior with blue headliner. Now both the 64 HDTs I have here had / have the silver headliner with black bucket interiors . Most of the 64s I've owned were convertibles but all the 64 hdts or posts ( 6 total ) I've owned had silver head liners but they were black interiors .

Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My original headliner was white. Parchment interior.