THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Graveyard Carz

Any fans out there of this show?

It pays homage to Pontiacs every episode by playing the soundbite (Night of the Living Dead) "There coming to get you Barbara" (set in a graveyard after driving up in a Pontiac). And last Friday nights episode had an animated short featuring a black '77-8 Firebird/TA.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:10 PM

I watch it sometimes, but usually with the sound off...I like that they show a lot of detail in their restorations, but Mark Worman's antics are pretty annoying.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:04 PM

I respect the level of detail they get into. Of course I am a Pontiac guy not a mopar guy. You can pick up few things as far as how a car is restored to that level. I am so fed up with all the b.s antics on all these car shows on tv. When I can't stand it I will turn it because I am a car guy not some punk who has to watch some drama b.s. Give me the technical info only. Anyone who does not Agree is just the audience they think they're playing to.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Unwatchable

Also….. There is a Daytona they did a few years ago that I have seen and know well. Let's just say that for the rumored 120 grand the guy supposedly paid for the restoration, I seen just as good (bad) come out of Maaco.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can't believe 1) that show is still on and 2) there are people are still watching it!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdk1976 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2020, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The first couple of seasons were bad, but they've gotten better.

I love Mopars, so I enjoy it.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 06-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would enjoy it a lot better without Mark Worman's BS!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-21-2020, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like it better than all the other restoration shows. I only started watching this show a little over a year ago, but it was a hit with me from the get-go.
Though generally not a Mopar fan, Graveyard Carz focuses on the cream of the crop, so Im OK with that. My older brother bought a '70 Challenger brand new, so he likes to watch it also.
(I could care less about the 'Christine' retro-mod)

I thoroughly enjoy the technical detail in the restorations and Mark's explanations of the historical factoids, etc... Mark reminds me of myself in a lot of ways, except I don't have any use for the head games he seems to enjoy playing on his employees.
But even so, I could see myself working for him if I was twenty years younger and he wasn't located on the left coast. Just don't expect me to memorize every last option code or cost on the option sheet. If he was all about Buick/Olds/Pontiac instead of Mopar, I'd be in pig heaven though. I would get along famously with cousin Doug too.

Yeah, they tend to drift into the contrived drama and stuff like the backhanded insults between Will & Mark do get tiresome, and Mark can be anal retentive about correct bolts & clamps, et al, but I think the overall quality of the show is worth watching.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anything on that channel has so many commercials. Then Oprah took over all the channels.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
The Following User Says Thank You to burd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 11:48 AM

Okay......if they brought back Dave Rea........then get rid of Mark and his daughter.....they would have a decent show.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY69prix View Post
Okay......if they brought back Dave Rea........then get rid of Mark and his daughter.....they would have a decent show.
I haven't seen it in a year, Did not know Dave was gone. That is sad. He was a enthusiast turned into a quality Resto guy.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like the show. They appear passionate about what they do and dont cut too many corners. The antics dont bother me.. it's just what they do to avoid being too serious. After all it's a hobby and should be enjoyed but one of those things that is worth doing right at the same time.

I learn stuff by watching even though I have never owned a Mopar.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:23 PM
Senior Chief

I always DVR it and watch when I have time. When they stick to the basics of restoring the vehicle, it’s a great show. Other times it’s so painful too watch I fast forward through most of it. This past Fridays show was a prime example of me having too fast forward through most of it.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:56 PM
Senior Chief

I actually like the show. I love Mopars. If I did not have a Pontiac, I would have a 1970 RoadRunner with a 440 6 pak. I don't mind Mark, he reminds me of a friend of mine. I enjoy the detail and the knowledge I get from the show. The only non GM cars I have had have been Mopars.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I enjoy watching it because they try to restore the cars back to factory specs. I like that they use all factory parts and don't use newer computer controlled engines. I also like that they use factory 14 inch wheels. They do a great job.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The BS acting on the show made it unwatchable for me.
On another note, a bunch of the guys I race with are knowledgeable Mopar collectors. They have seen a lot of the cars that have been turned out by that shop. The general consensus is that their restorations, that they play up as high end, quality work on TV are, in fact, sub-par low quality crap.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 06-23-2020, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

In the mopar world most cars are NOT over restored, but get a single stage paint job like when it was built.
So, No they are not as Glam as some.... Having seen 5 at MACN though, I can say their work was very nice.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:59 AM
Suspended

The exterior paint on the Daytona I mentioned certainly qualifies for "over restored". Factory paint jobs on the old Mopars was horrible with orange peel so bad Ray Charles could use it as Braille. The paint on the Daytona was wet sanded perfectly smooth. Real nice paint but not even close to correct.

Now, the metal closeout panel between the upper tie bar and front nose was loaded with 36 grit grinding marks. What made it worse was Worman painted this piece "High Gloss" black which made the scratches easily visible to Stevie Wonder.

This Daytona started out as an Ebay pile. I have a buddy with 5 Superbirds who was interested in this car and watched it. The car was so bad his number on it was $5500.00. The guy that bought it, also a local guy, paid just north of $22,000.00 courtesy of 2 shill bidders. Remember shill bidders, I've mentioned them before. The guy didn't care though, he just had to have a Daytona. He took ownership, contacted Worman and the car was restored on the show.

Like I said, I've seen Worman's work. I'm far from impressed. Fact is, I've seen better restorations come out of a family garage by a novice.

Oh and Worman's knowledge, that comes from 2 fact checkers behind the scenes.

Now, don't get me wrong here. Worman's shop has brought back to life some unrestorable cars and for that you got to give him credit. But, as I said before, his show and his pompous assness is totally intolerable.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The guy from Canada that looks like palatines brother and the a$$hole that was a marine, can’t stand either. 2 shows I just can’t watch,
Imagine how loud it is out back hearing all those moreparts rusting. Lol

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 06-23-2020, 09:59 AM
Suspended

LOL ^ ^ ^