Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-17-2020, 08:49 PM

Default B.O.P th350 speedo gear backlash

I just bought a new speedo driven gear and aluminum housing to calibrate my speedo after a 2.56- 3.42 gear swap. I noticed the bore in the seedo gear housing is off center with the O.D of the hosing, I assume this is so you can rotate the housing in the tailshaft housing of the trans, to set desired backlash between the drive and driven gears. Is there a procedure for this? or is it just a rotate it until they're meshed tight, then back it off some? Any info would be great, Thanks!

Darcy

Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The fork that holds it down doesn’t let you rotate it. The off centre part is actually for driven gear diameter. There are two. And two holders. One for the higher teeth gears and one for the lower.

Sam

Sam Agnew

Where you come from is gone; where you thought you were going to, weren't never there; and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
Old 02-18-2020, 03:33 PM

Great- that makes sense now- thanks for the reply!

Darcy