Old 07-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hatch or Trunk

Which weighs more?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hatch I would think. thats a big piece plus you you have the shocks that go with it.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM

I'd put my money on the hatch version being heavier as well. You have the heavy folding seatback with it's extra panel(panels?) and mechanism, extra plastic inner panels, metal load floor structure top & bottom (plus carpeting), including the heavy corrugated trap door that gives you access to the spare tire. I don't believe it was a full-size spare, but my car still had the original inflation bottle bolted in.

The hatch lid itself has more metal around its periphery (window glass is smaller), and without looking at pics I'd suspect there's more metal around the hatch perimeter opening to provide greater torsional rigidity vs a trunk lid car. If they even worried about stuff like that back in the 70s!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I found weights for Nova. Hatch is heavier by 112 pounds.