Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default is this a ventura pitman arm part # 5690725

I have one and it looks correct but its a different part # than 69 bird

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

D'ont know what year ventura your referring to but the 73-74 has a totally different setup than the 70-72's or the 68-72 nova's and 67-69 firebirds/camaros.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure either I just have this pitman that looks correct but has that crazy part number I cant seem to find on it.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
Not sure either I just have this pitman that looks correct but has that crazy part number I cant seem to find on it.
A 73-74 pitman arm is a non wear item. the draglink is the piece that has the knuckle in it not the pitman arm like everything else. Even 25 years ago it was almost impossible to get a replacement draglink for a 73-74 ventura. Tie rod ends are different to and expensive if they're even still available. cheaper to convert to a 68-72 nova front steering suspension.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 PM

I searched for a while trying to find a draglink for my 74 GTO. Was referred to a company in Winnipeg, MB. (Mid-Canada Suspension, 204-475-3399). He takes your old draglink and exchanges it for a new rebuilt one. The company he obtained the rebuilt one from was Rare Parts in California. Not sure whether they deal directly with the public or just wholesale. He obtained a pitman arm from somewhere that I needed also. Just info for anybody in the future needing a draglink/pitman arm etc.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlfan View Post
I searched for a while trying to find a draglink for my 74 GTO. Was referred to a company in Winnipeg, MB. (Mid-Canada Suspension, 204-475-3399). He takes your old draglink and exchanges it for a new rebuilt one. The company he obtained the rebuilt one from was Rare Parts in California. Not sure whether they deal directly with the public or just wholesale. He obtained a pitman arm from somewhere that I needed also. Just info for anybody in the future needing a draglink/pitman arm etc.
I've checked on doing that but also found out that its extremely expensive. From the price I saw, you can convert your entire front suspension over to the earlier style almost 3 times over.