The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 07-12-2020, 03:12 PM

Default Assembly Order

I'm putting my wagon back together after paint. I have mounted the rear doors and I'm ready for the front.
The issue is my bucket seats will not ship until after mid September thanks to Covid.
The question is can I assemble the fenders, liners, nose and valence and then go back and mount the front doors last?
I've always worked back to front to set gaps. Will everything forward of the doors be easily adjustable? It's going to be so much easier to work on the carpet, the seats and the floor brackets to go from bench to bucket without doors.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your asking for chipped paint in that sequence if you ask me. You need to align the doors to your roof and jam confines before you mount and align your fender.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No way I would install the front end without doors first, but you can build the "dog house" (front end minus the hood) off of the car and with some help drop it on after you get the front doors on.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

At the factory, the doors were installed before the front seats so you should be able to do the same.