Old 01-19-2020, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 389 View Post
I used Dynomax Super Turbos on a Pypes system and it sounds real nice but kind of quiet.. I'm thinking on going to a chambered system https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-72-Che...r/153025854923
Those crush bends look brutally restrictive...

Old 01-21-2020, 01:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta man View Post
It would be interesting to hear them both fully warmed up. What was the idle rpm of both?
The biggest difference for the sound are the engines. One with a keen ear can hear the higher compression and valve lift of the 70. I like the sound of it. Its hard to hide horsepower.
taman,

I'm guessing on this '70 750 or 800 RPM. '78 950 or 900 RPM.

I like the sound of the'70, but i know I could get another 30HP out of this by putting on long tube headers, but I'm sure I will lose the sound it has.

Old 01-21-2020, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Never heard of Texas TA? Who are they?

I agree on the X pipe. I put an off road x pipe (no cats) and flow masters on my 87 Saleen and couldn’t wait to hear it. Sounded nothing like the cars I remember growing up due to the x pipe
Here you go.

http://texastransam.com/