THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:44 PM

Default You think you have bad neighbors

My neighbor has had two or three back surgeries and after each one he sits outside and smokes cigars with his legs on ledge. I actually knew him from high school. He dated and eventually married a friend of mine from high school. He ran into a glass door at a party and she had to date him lol . He was never that smart and has gotten worse as time goes on. The longer we have lived next to him the more of a jerk he has become with every new relationship he gets into. All the women in his life tell him what to do, he is a door mat. At one time he had his ex-wife and his last girlfriend living in his house at the same time. The women in his life invite three or four of their relatives and basically take over his home. I have talked to him a few times in a nice way to stop acting like a jerk. He will wave and say hi for about a week and then return to zombie mode. Several times I have been to the point that I want to but wife says we dont want to be feuding with our neighbor(s). Plus how would it look if I take out a guy who walks like he is riding an imaginary horse, although he is only 3 years older than I am. Well this weekend I hear a load noise like a jet taking off. Look over, it is the neighbor in his back brace with a propane tank and one of those flame attachments burning weeds in his back yard. So I try and go to my happy place, just ignore him and try to enjoy my weekend. The wife tells me he has been at it for an hour now. Our yards are fairly small so what he was burning for an hour is beyond me. I was in the front yard earlier working on 79 Chevy truck before this. He has a little area in his backyard that he put some sand down for some patio furniture about a week ago. He was not smart enough to put some weed mat down first before putting sand down. Oh and did I mention I think he hurt his back again doing that.
Well I am at work today and my wife starts texting me the evergreen in the greenbelt is on fire. She sends me this picture, he was using the tank to burn weeds along his fence line where there is grass and fences are plastic. My wife said she heard an explosion, assume it was maybe the mosquito tiki torch he set on fire???? Luckily my wife was in the front yard when he started his yard on fire. He was unharmed so I would assume if propane tank blew up he would not be around today. There were no injuries but I am done being nice to this guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7FF902E7-6CE6-4C84-AA36-1B43813B9980.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	543039  

Old 06-22-2020, 05:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Might be time to get the authorities involved.
Our jerkwad neighbor moved about 3 months ago, after years of hell. The new guy is quieter than a church mouse, cuts his grass, keeps to himself, the perfect neighbor. So far.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two houses ago, I was there for two days before I realized that the neighboring house belonged to the city. They put people in there to try and integrate them into nicer neighborhoods in a failed attempt at good will. What a disaster. A great deal came up on another house and we were out of there. Thank God.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are enough of them in every neighborhood that the chances are good you'll end up next door to one.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I'm the odd man out.

No issues with any of the neighbors and most of them have bent over backwards to help me when I was recovering from 4 different major surgeries in the last 14 years.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
he was using the tank to burn weeds along his fence line where there is grass and fences are plastic.
Funny!
Had a neighbor with the same kind of mentality, and he once decided to rake all of his leaves onto the street and burn them. A pile about 3' high and about almost one lane wide. Saturates it all with gas, and tosses a match and "Woof" ! After a few minutes the asphalt is on fire and then the fire trucks showed up !! Kind of a "hold my beer" moment !

68 GTO
Old 06-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Covid camp,fever gots to be

Old 06-22-2020, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The nutcase we live next to threatened to slit my wife's throat and smash out all the windows if our house 2 years ago.. He's been working on filing off the metal ties that hold the chain link fence to the rails. The county cops laughed at her complaint and did nothing, but for my complaint they took a picture of what he's been ding and had a talk with him. The last thing was someone took shots at the side of my garage with a BB gun or an pellet gun..... 7 holes. Every time there's a confrontation he says prove it. Well, I have a way to prove it now... remote cameras with sound.

It been like this since we moved in back in 2007. You never know what will happen next. But it has been quiet since the cops had a talk with them. Both him and his mother are about 10 bottles short of a 6 pack.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had one of those too.
My backyard is next to open space canyon full of brush. On my way home from work I noticed a plume of smoke near my home and the closer I got, I soon realized it was very close, like next door. And we were having a Santa Ana (high wind, high temperature) event at that time so I was a little concerned.

I get home and walk into my back yard and this dip---t neighbor is open barrel burning! I yell at him and ask him what in the ell are you doing. Burning weeds he says. I get into him about the weather conditions and the dry brush just on the other side of the fence. He said, I couldn't get a permit to burn. Well yeah. Southern CA hasn't had open burning in decades. I then explain to him that we have free yard waste disposal so he doesn't have to burn and if he doesn't put the fire out I'm sure the fire department will after I call them. You can then pay the fine afterwards.
That was only one of many incidents.
It was a great day when they packed up and moved to Arizona.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 06-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG68 View Post
I had one of those too.
My backyard is next to open space canyon full of brush. On my way home from work I noticed a plume of smoke near my home and the closer I got, I soon realized it was very close, like next door. And we were having a Santa Ana (high wind, high temperature) event at that time so I was a little concerned.

I get home and walk into my back yard and this dip---t neighbor is open barrel burning! I yell at him and ask him what in the ell are you doing. Burning weeds he says. I get into him about the weather conditions and the dry brush just on the other side of the fence. He said, I couldn't get a permit to burn. Well yeah. Southern CA hasn't had open burning in decades. I then explain to him that we have free yard waste disposal so he doesn't have to burn and if he doesn't put the fire out I'm sure the fire department will after I call them. You can then pay the fine afterwards.
That was only one of many incidents.
It was a great day when they packed up and moved to Arizona.
Just wow. I used to live on the edge of Orange County, and the wildfires reaching the edge of my neighborhood was an every-4-years thing for a while.

Of course - one of those fires started when the fire dept. thought a 95 degree day with 50 mph winds was a great day to do some controlled burning. I don’t remember if that was time time a hundred houses burned down.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Feel sorry for you guys with the bad neighbours, so far in the last 30 years, ( same house) We have had excellent neighbours. 1 retired construction worker that likes to help, a Hydro line man, oh and a City water guy that likes to have campfires and drink beer. We get along real well.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:05 AM
Suspended

Hello

Old 06-23-2020, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans64 View Post
Feel sorry for you guys with the bad neighbours, so far in the last 30 years, ( same house) We have had excellent neighbours. 1 retired construction worker that likes to help, a Hydro line man, oh and a City water guy that likes to have campfires and drink beer. We get along real well.
With the exception of the one guy we've had excellent neighbors for the 26 years we lived here. Most of us moved in within two months of each other when the houses were built. Multi-cultural, military active and retired. We all look out for another.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 06-23-2020, 03:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We had an “eccentric” old lady that lived across the street from us. Retired veterinarian, kept to herself, her next door neighbor kept her yard cut, seemed like no problem. One day her house caught fire. Burned it just bad enough to be uninhabitable but not to the ground. Find out the old lady has no home owners so she just abandons the house. After a few months we start getting a rodent and bug problem, all the surrounding neighbors do. Go over there and it’s a burnt down hoarders paradise, she was truly living in nasty conditions and the fire just added to the glory. She is no where to be found and the county has the property up for auction starting in November. Opening bid is back taxes owed of 640 and some change. I am gonna bid 1500 just for fun since we are on a privately owned non county road and I don’t think many people will look at it. If I get it I am gonna bulldoze it and build a shop across the street instead of ruining my backyard

Old 06-23-2020, 08:23 AM
Senior Chief

One of the people in our area about a mile away posted on a FB group for the town... that she's having problems with her neighbor. Well, she's had a problem with every neighbor she's ever had, no matter where she's lived. Yet she still cant seem to make the logical connection.

Our area is fairly rural. I wrench til after midnight sometimes, only a few houses close enough to hear, and the ones that can, i plow their driveways clear of snow in the winter time. A bit of goodwill goes a long ways. One neighbor is into woodworking and has a shop full of commercial grade equipment. Comes in handy.

Any of the pontiac faithful want to buy a place with a barn, my next door neighbor's place is for sale. 2.5ac, 1800 sq ft, 30x50 shop. 275K. Love to have another car guy in the neighborhood!

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 06-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It’s sucks fighting with neighbors. I had one that had a thing for my wife- that got bad until he finally moved. The only other issue we have had is we had an ultra competitive neighbor who had daughters the same age as my younger daughter. We ended up choosing sports they weren’t involved in because we wanted our kids to enjoy it. You know the type- I’m going to hold my kid back the first year so they will always be a little more developed than the other kids?

Other than that my middle eastern neighbors never complain, take care of their house and we always offer to help each other.

The rest of the street we have a number of car /bike guys so I’m not the only one making noise.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just bought a house 6 months ago. Last Saturday the neighbor decides to have a big party. Blasting super loud annoying Mexican music.. they had a live band. About 10:45 I walk over and ask them to turn it down. There are about 8 drunk Mexicans and one of them started getting in my face. It wasn't a good situation.. but nothing bad happened. When I got back home my wife said she was worried that I might get shot. I spent the rest of the weekend plotting revenge if they do it again. Maybe invite some car and biker buddys over blast some heavy metal and do burnouts in the street... If the neighbor wants to be an inconsiderate A-hole... I can be too. Yesterday my wife.. who is Mexican and speaks Spanish.. went over and talked to the guys wife.. needless to say.. we got invited to their 4th of July party and she exchanged phone numbers..

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 06-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aside from the fire, it doesn't seem so bad.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 06-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T. Moreno View Post
Hello
First time caller?

Go ahead - you're on the air...

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My neighbor to the north:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Satellite annotated.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	543139  

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926