THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:32 AM

Lightbulb New 2021 FORD Bronco

What do you all think? I am very disappointed IMO it’s BUTT ugly! And expensive! I had a Bronco, and a Bronco ll. Who ever designed this......

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/14/...vel-breakdown/

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 07-14-2020, 10:35 AM
Suspended

Oooooooo……..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHAOnaoUuUg

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ll never buy another new Ford (long story) but I don’t think it looks that bad. I think it looks better than the Silverado.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
The Following User Says Thank You to 67drake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like Ford did their homework to try and get in the game and compete in the off-road market as that's been mostly Jeep's domain for a while now. If the quality is there and they don't do something stupid like make them hard to buy due to supply shortages or jerk car dealers (ala GM) then it could work for them.

That said if I wanted a truck to go play in the mud with, I'd be more inclined to just get an older K5 or Jeep rather than shell out the prices linked in the article... It's not for me I guess.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
Looks like Ford did their homework to try and get in the game and compete in the off-road market as that's been mostly Jeep's domain for a while now. If the quality is there and they don't do something stupid like make them hard to buy due to supply shortages or jerk car dealers (ala GM) then it could work for them.

That said if I wanted a truck to go play in the mud with, I'd be more inclined to just get an older K5 or Jeep rather than shell out the prices linked in the article... It's not for me I guess.
I just went through this trying to buy the new 2021 Kia Seltos. Like a page out of GM's book, Kia dealers didn't give a rats ass if you bought one or not. One dealer even tacked on a $3600.00 "buyer's premium". I told that clown that he is selling Kias not a Dodge Demon. After all the aggravation I finally got the one I wanted, there was only 1 in the whole state and got a whole $250.00 off sticker.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Senior Chief

looks to be designed by the Toyota FJ cruiser team! and they dropped that look.

1971 Grand Prix 462ci SD Performance 6x heads
1962 Catalina 389
1968 Firebird 400-455 I haven't decided

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Moshier For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it looks pretty good. I hate the IFS and engine options.

I'll stick with my Jeeps.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 07-14-2020, 12:00 PM

I like it.... definitely going retro to the early smaller Broncos and going after the Jeep market.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it looks great, it's a nicely done update of the first generation Bronco design.
As for the price, the base model starts at $28,500 which seems pretty cheap these days. (yes, I know the fancier models with more options can cost a lot more.)

Old 07-14-2020, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They'll sell a zillion of them.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We will see if the car enthusiasts put their money where their mouths are.

For years now on all my boards, FB groups etc, whenever something comes out Ive been hearing things like "Why does everyone make these stupid cross over things, if they made a blazer, look like a blazer I would buy one...."

Well there you go. Ford made one that clearly had an enthusiast market in mind. If it doesn't sell that will be a big red flag to for MFGs to never listen to "car people"

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 07-14-2020, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well done.....

I hope it sells well....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 07-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moshier View Post
looks to be designed by the Toyota FJ cruiser team! and they dropped that look.
I was trying to think of what it reminded me of. You nailed it.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 07-14-2020, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I never understood the entire Bronco thing from day 1, so that being said, this little chunk SUV toy looks Ok to me. It has the same kind of tie-in visually that the 2005 Mustang did to the 65 Mustang, and the re-imagined T-bird to the 55-57 birds. I think they will sell allot of them at least for a year or two when the market is saturated. Price seems about right with the competition. The new Jeep Gladiator truck is selling at sticker and above still after a year. One of the worst riding, poorest handling little trucks ever built and I like Jeeps. Over 50K for one of those. I wish Ford the best with the Bronco.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I never understood the entire Bronco thing from day 1, so that being said, this little chunk SUV toy looks Ok to me. It has the same kind of tie-in visually that the 2005 Mustang did to the 65 Mustang, and the re-imagined T-bird to the 55-57 birds. I think they will sell allot of them at least for a year or two when the market is saturated. Price seems about right with the competition. The new Jeep Gladiator truck is selling at sticker and above still after a year. One of the worst riding, poorest handling little trucks ever built and I like Jeeps. Over 50K for one of those. I wish Ford the best with the Bronco.
Back when Jeeps, Broncos and FJ's were strictly a "utility" vehicle they were used as workhorses on farms. That made them perfect offroad vehicles because you basically couldn't hurt them. Then came the rivalry just like Ford, Chevy and Mopar.

With that being said, I wonder if the new Bronco will come with a shovel and a generator like the original.

Old 07-14-2020, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default OJ’s birthday was 7/9 . . . .

Ford Motor Company Tweet
“The reveal of the all-new Bronco lineup will now happen on Monday, July 13. This is instead of July 9. We are sensitive and respectful to some concerns raised previously about the date, which was purely coincidental.“

I would have left the date and had a special OJ edition, wonder if they have a glove box? ��

Old 07-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I kind of like the looks. I could be wrong but it seems like the loyalty to Jeep by both regular drivers and off-roaders has been earned by a reputation for a pretty tough drive train. Maybe not reliability or quality in general, but the drive trains are pretty tough.

So does this new Bronco have a truly off-road level drive train? Or is it just a rebodied all wheel drive? If it fails with the off-road crowd and gets a bad rep there, then all the wanna-be off-roaders are going to abandon it.

Only jeep type vehicle I have owned was a 70's FJ and that thing was a freakin tank. The drive train looked like it belonged in a one ton truck.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post

This is a J series Gladiator truck:

This isn't a Gladiator, it's a 4 door jeep with a pickup bed:

Why people are buying them is beyond my reasoning????

Jeep has been this path before, and because the abbreviated bed is practically worthless to haul anything in, it was their downfall previously. Isn't repeating the same mistake, and expecting a different result considered madness????

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 07-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

[QUOTE=Firedup6975;6160738]What do you all think? I am very disappointed IMO it’s BUTT ugly! And expensive! I had a Bronco, and a Bronco ll. Who ever designed this......

It's a ford........

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 07-14-2020, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's OK looking and I'm sure will sell well. I doubt that a lot of them will ever go truly off-road.